Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Silver to break the color up some....
yeah, I think I'd leave them raw if they're polished and show us that engine pic again.
Just like the heads add a 3rd "bling" color, I'd want another focal point in the same finish to finish it all off.

Hey whoa, since when do we suggest alternate options than what the OP offered???? :cool:

Silver to break the color up some....
yeah, I think I'd leave them raw if they're polished and show us that engine pic again.
Just like the heads add a 3rd "bling" color, I'd want another focal point in the same finish to finish it all off.
Easter basket it up! Teal for the fuel rails for sure. They are normally a bright color it seems.

The rails are currently grey. I'll strip one down tonight if I have time and put them both on the motor and pose the question again.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem is finding a usable device. I don't want to use my current work laptop again, but I (broke company policy) kept my old one. It's stored away at the house, but I think it bricked, assuming that I can even remember the login. Im contemplating buying a cheap tablet to mount on the dash.

Come to DFW this weekend to have a beer with Dave and Me... Bring your brick and I'll try to get it working.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m coming on Wednesday and then over night next week

hmmmm, Wife flies back in Wednesday night but not till late so I'm stuck at home. You're welcome to come see my pile and sniff gas fumes as I drop the tank and hopefully replace the pump if you're here in the late afternoon/early evening.

hmmmm, Wife flies back in Wednesday night but not till late so I'm stuck at home. You're welcome to come see my pile and sniff gas fumes as I drop the tank and hopefully replace the pump if you're here in the late afternoon/early evening.
Next week would be better. My day trips are usually short and hectic. Fly up at 7 and home at 4:30. But I'll definitely check in with you next week.

I hear @Davedacarpainter will pay to see your rearend, you gonna give hoopty a peek for free?
Here, I’ll show you the picture that Chris @Mstng93SSP sent me, let’s see what that does for you.
8AE42C07-8307-481C-9DB5-B4B9C2C56C98.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Happy
  • Surprised
Reactions: 3 users
I can relate to that. Cant wait for my radiator to show up on the porch this week. The fire will make people think Russia bombed us.
As can I. Wifey is begrudgingly tolerating my air compressor purchase. I don't feel too bad about dropping almost $500 on a compressor because she's getting a $300 microwave this week. Tit for tat.

Come to DFW this weekend to have a beer with Dave and Me... Bring your brick and I'll try to get it working.
Dave is going to be in DFW?

Who else is in the DFW area? We could have a little Stangnet beer lunch social.
You gonna be in DFW? What day would this lunch social be? I'll be in town with the wife to visit the in-laws. Might be able to steal away some free time?

As can I. Wifey is begrudgingly tolerating my air compressor purchase. I don't feel too bad about dropping almost $500 on a compressor because she's getting a $300 microwave this week. Tit for tat.

Dave is going to be in DFW?

You gonna be in DFW? What day would this lunch social be? I'll be in town with the wife to visit the in-laws. Might be able to steal away some free time?
Saturday, I’ll leave here early enough so we could have lunch.