Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Absolutely not. Heads and intake only.
Be sweet though -
IMG_1827.JPG

Just sayin'-:D

Also-what's the stock gearing in the pink truck?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My wife is already giving me the "how much money are you going to sink into this thing" - and quite honestly, Im not too inclined to mess with my DD more than I have to. I have a fox, remember? It needs to get back on the road ASAP.
My wife said "You're are not buying another car" the next day the Calypso LX was in the drive way. I showed her......... Sleeping on the couch is great btw

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

My wife is already giving me the "how much money are you going to sink into this thing" - and quite honestly, Im not too inclined to mess with my DD more than I have to. I have a fox, remember? It needs to get back on the road ASAP.

I hear ya,and believe me I understand lol. I'm sure the heads and intake change will wake that truck up plenty-but I'm betting those big ole tires still zap a lot of the powa lol

I'm really missing why your so against a turbo:shrug:. You can buy everything in pairs:nice:, all spares will be comparable:banana:. And you can always have a spare 351 sitting there awaiting either the car or the truck.:confused:

And the best thing of all...you have just one set of jack stands so only one can be parked at a time:cool:

Reactions: 2 users
Damnit! Work has had me living out of a hotel for the past month or better. I'm still slowly plugging away at the paint job. After the costs associated with the transmission replacement, I have no money left for this truck. Therefore, I cheaped out and have been working with Rustoleum.

What a pain in the ass. If you spend .5 seconds on google, you find 10 different ways to thin/spray the stuff. I started at 5:1 (paint:acetone) and it came out like bed liner the orange peel was so bad. Next I went 4:1, then 3:1 before actually talking to someone who has done it before and they SWORE 1:1 was the way to go. I ended up going 1.5:1 and it laid out pretty damn smooth. The plan is to wet sand it down to get the trash and light peel off and maybe go over it with some cheap Omni clear. Otherwise, I'll just buff it as is.

I know what you're thinking, but a few people that I've talked to say that it buffs to a mirror shine and lasts many years if cared for. Im hoping adding clear over it extends that, just not sure if it's in the budget....

kjAtzs.jpg

It0Xqy.jpg

AASJLA.jpg

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FOX?????

Yeah, yeah. the idea is to paint all these panels for the truck and stick 'em somewhere until i get enough time to do the cab and bed. @Boosted92LX has graciously offered to help, but I gotta find time to get down there. Once I get the garage back, I am going to start putting the car back together. Still leaning towards going N/A for now.

Reactions: 4 users
.....i saw where you are heading with the project, but why are you gettig rid of the pink again...well besides its pink.

Chicks like pink, guys dig pink ;), and cops like to pull over red....ask me how i know lol.

Just curious, looking good.

.....i saw where you are heading with the project, but why are you gettig rid of the pink again...well besides its pink.

Chicks like pink, guys dig pink ;), and cops like to pull over red....ask me how i know lol.

Just curious, looking good.
I don't mind the pink, I mind the body damage and peeling/flaking clear coat. Otherwise I'd have left it alone.

I don't mind the pink, I mind the body damage and peeling/flaking clear coat. Otherwise I'd have left it alone.
If you didn't already have a great CT...you're opening comment is/would be funny lol.

I'm curious to see how the paint/clear comes out. A buddy has an old 83 chevy short box that he's talking about doing similar

If you didn't already have a great CT...you're opening comment is/would be funny lol.

I'm curious to see how the paint/clear comes out. A buddy has an old 83 chevy short box that he's talking about doing similar
I wet sanded the hood last night with 800. I think it's going to surprise some folks!

On a sad note, I just realized the hood is bent. As in, someone tried to close the hood but the passenger hinge was in a bind. I think/hope it's fixable........................ I probably have 6 hours in the hood alone.

Reactions: 1 users
Things have been a mess lately around the house.
I got sent out of town for a month to clean up a project, I have my own house torn apart, and I can finally announce that the wife and are are adding a little one to the family.
In between all of this mess, I decided in some alternate reality that it was a great idea to repaint the truck. (???). @Boosted92LX came by the house this weekend and talked some sense into me.
I'm abandoning the truck malarchy and getting the mustang back on the road. Last night, I started tearing down the new motor and am taking it to the machine shop for a hone and some other stuff to ensure it's put together right and is going to last a little while.

So, while there are no photos at the moment, I assure you, the ship is righted, the fox is back in the garage, and we're moving forward!

Reactions: 7 users