The infamous SWAP to 5.0!! Can it be?

HazeDrake

Aug 7, 2006
Hey guys, wihtin the next few months or so I have to decide on what i want if anything to do with my mustang. I got a 95 3.8 l. Basically my options as far as power are concerned is : add in turbo and change to split port.

On the other hand, after reviewing this
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/howto/4361/

it seems it may be be worth it go the v8 route...

basically, the turbo route will give me more hp, but well the v8 will sounds so cool, as well as having the room for upgrading in the future. any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I think everyone in this section will tell you to swap in a V8. Best bang for the buck I'd say. I agree, if you want to do it, might as well do it right the first time, get a 351W-based stroker, that would be a huge jump in performance

Yea after tweaking the v6 could easily rack up enough $ equal the v8. But as far as getting a 351 stroker vs junkyard 5.0, how much would you say this stuff would cost? I am on a budget seeing as how im paying for school as well, and i have to work and pay for this all myself, so much more would a 351 be vs a stock 5.0

The list I have is everything needed to do the swap. If your really curious I have a wrecked 5.0 I just picked up for PA over the weekend with a good engine and everything needed. I'm getting ready to start sell complete swap kits.

Danny

you do them for a living? k heres my first and probably important question for now, how expensive do these usually run? and do u usually get hte 5.0 form a junkyard or do u ever get new ones

When i get my swap stuff I buy complete cars that were either hit in the side or rear. All low mile cars. Meaning under a 100K miles. Then I start the cars make sure everything is good on them let them run for an hour. Pull everything the get it ready to do a swap. Depending on the Car is going to change Price. Like a Manual to Manual swap wont cost as much as a Auto to manual swap because of less parts need from a manual to manual swap. By the way you have a PM