The interior...

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
Am i the only one that thinks the interior looks like an 80's fox body? It looked ok in the old pics but in person.... damn, everything is boxed or squared off... the current interior looks way better, with the exception of the guages, imo.

• Sponsors (?)

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't think it looks anything like the Fox bodies. And I am not afraid of straight lines or angles -- make everything curvy and it becomes a suppository shape with no personality. :D Are there things I would change if I could? You bet. But I haven't seen a factory car yet that was everything I wanted it to be.

Dave

A picture is worth a thousand words

attachment.php

attachment.php

So let me get this straight.....

You are disappointed that a Mustang looks like a Mustang??

Yes, the interiors do carry hints from older interiors. It's part of the Mustang legacy. But trust me, 99 out of 100 people will never sit in it and say "Wow, this interior looks like a '86GT"

I love the interior...i love it BECAUSE it has cues for older stangs. The 67 shelby pic is probably the best example.

The new '05 interior does not remind me of my Fox's interiors. I love it.

Until i sit in a real example and see it up close and on my butt, i still rank the 01-04 interiors as my favorite Mustang interior.

Mustang5L5 said:
So let me get this straight.....

You are disappointed that a Mustang looks like a Mustang??

Yes, the interiors do carry hints from older interiors. It's part of the Mustang legacy. But trust me, 99 out of 100 people will never sit in it and say "Wow, this interior looks like a '86GT"

I love the interior...i love it BECAUSE it has cues for older stangs. The 67 shelby pic is probably the best example.

The new '05 interior does not remind me of my Fox's interiors. I love it.

Until i sit in a real example and see it up close and on my butt, i still rank the 01-04 interiors as my favorite Mustang interior.

I don't know it that was directed at me, but what I was trying to illustrate is that the '05 interior looks *nothing* like the 80's interior. The only common element is the shelf over the drivers side dash, but even that's a stretch because

a) it doesn't resemble the one in the '05, and
b) there is no symmetical shelf on the passenger side.

Aside from the promminent speedo and tach placed side by side, I really can't find a similarity.

The 67 GT500 interior on the other hand...

Edit: And I love the interior in the '05 btw.

I can see the resemblance between the 05 and the fox body. I mean they bother have guages, vents, and a steering wheel.:D And the radio and A/C controls ARE in the center section. :D I mean if you drink enough alcohol they could look very similar.

shatner saves said:
Aside from the promminent speedo and tach placed side by side, I really can't find a similarity.

Don't forget they both have seats, you can see out the windows, the shifter is between the seats... :D

I've had a 67 vert and (still have) an 84 GT vert. The 05 pulls WAY more elements from the 67 but it is still unique. Great examples, Shatner...sometimes you really have to put them side-by-side to notice there are virtually NO similarities with the 80's fox.

Oh there will still be nit-picking, there will just be alot more facts to back it up. People will always have different opinions on different things (ie: the interior in this case)
That being said, I still can't wait for them to come out! :D

-Sarah