The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

• Sponsors (?)

The alarm should be a starter interrupt alarm. When the alarm is armed and you turn the key nothing happens, correct ?

The bad is... i think it's a little more than plug and play. The door locks are also connected to the alarm module. It should be located under the left hand side of the steering column. It takes a module or double relays to activate our door locks. ( polarity switches from + to - ).

There are places like Sound Solutions here in maryland that specialize in this type of stuff. It may be a bad solder joint in alarm module....or bad wiring. If you're not hearing anything when it doesn't work and the car dash lights up there is another solution. You could make a jumper wire on a switch to the starter solenoid....or find where the starter wire ( blue with red stripe ) goes into the box. If you reconnect the splice the car will start with the key regardless of the alarm.

If you reconnect the splice and pull the alarm fuse it will work like a regular car....but you will lose keyless entry.

I posted the same question on a 1993 Cobra group on FB and someone suggest I look for that switch/button and push it to see if it will start. So I went out today to try to start it without disarming it, nothing happened which is normal. Then I pushed the button, held it and it started. I wonder if it’s a bypass or a reset of some sort, but it worked.

So I tested the key fob everyday this week when it was in the garage. It worked, unlocked the doors and unarmed the ignition. Worked fine this morning before a show. Got to the show and parked, didn’t work. Also didn’t work when I was leaving. The switch under the dash works but it’s driving me nuts that the fob won’t work. It’s like when the car is warm is when this problem occurs.

Had to push the button under the dash again which allowed me to start it. Starting to think I should have it removed, I don’t trust myself enough to take that out and splice wires back together.

The alarm should be a starter interrupt alarm. When the alarm is armed and you turn the key nothing happens, correct ?

The bad is... i think it's a little more than plug and play. The door locks are also connected to the alarm module. It should be located under the left hand side of the steering column. It takes a module or double relays to activate our door locks. ( polarity switches from + to - ).

There are places like Sound Solutions here in maryland that specialize in this type of stuff. It may be a bad solder joint in alarm module....or bad wiring. If you're not hearing anything when it doesn't work and the car dash lights up there is another solution. You could make a jumper wire on a switch to the starter solenoid....or find where the starter wire ( blue with red stripe ) goes into the box. If you reconnect the splice the car will start with the key regardless of the alarm.

If you reconnect the splice and pull the alarm fuse it will work like a regular car....but you will lose keyless entry.
Sorry just saw this. When it happens, I hear nothing and nothing lights up. So if I can find the starter wires where it is spliced into the module, cut them and resplice them I should be good but I would lose everything else?

427C40A1-7A7F-45C1-BB3D-A17ED6EFEE1C.jpeg

ECD0D92F-C0B3-4E7C-B549-44C6EC23B51D.jpeg

Well I joined the club
91A90E84-2ADB-4C22-A510-0A31EFEFDC35.jpeg

Surprised how dark it is, looked lighter in the videos. It’s a good sturdy piece though, texture is spot on.

Would green scotch brite be too aggressive for scuffing?
Yes, a green one is way too aggressive.

I would use a grey one myself. And an adhesion promoter if it’s bare plastic.

Reactions: 1 user
Poor old girl is getting rained on.
E8509BA2-F9F5-48D3-9968-BFFF86D6A512.jpeg

While sitting in the car waiting for the rain to pass, I’m not too thrilled about the paint match, but I expected that just not this drastic. Oh well, I’m keeping the original console just to have it with the car.
91962270-8C94-4B49-B760-735135839B25.jpeg