The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Anyone know how much an already coyote swapped foxbodies go for? I have never seen one for sale.

15-17k was the last one I saw. I don't think it had ac though. There's so many variables to consider, but done right is going to be pricey. Unless you're dead set on a fox, a cobra would probably be a better option.

That one does not require you even see or drive it, just pay your money, I'd even pay him to deliver it so he can get that 'last ride' :nice:
Hi, am pretty new here but have restored and shown my early mustangs all around the country. A few years ago, I(2007) I bought three beautiful mustangs from a good collector friend, One was a 1969 coupe with 26,000 orig. miles, another was a 1989 Saleen convertible with 13,4XX orig mi. and, the one I wanted most for myself, a 1978 King Cobra 11 with 5, 4XX orig miles. Now, at 81 am ready to sell the Fox Saleen, which now has 12,95X orig miles. It's #85, one of 165 built, is still in same as new condition, never had a tune up that I know of and still passed Ca. smog test couple months ago on old gass. I have it listed on craigslist Modesto Ca. The cv. is fun to drive and is very very fast, but just isn't a comfy old mans car, a crippled left leg makes it hard to enjoy. Interior and top is still as near new and I think only thing that's been in the trunk is a blanket (top cover) and the top boot. Top has been down once since 2007. Any thoughts to actual value ? Thanks, Harry

Hi, am pretty new here but have restored and shown my early mustangs all around the country. A few years ago, I(2007) I bought three beautiful mustangs from a good collector friend, One was a 1969 coupe with 26,000 orig. miles, another was a 1989 Saleen convertible with 13,4XX orig mi. and, the one I wanted most for myself, a 1978 King Cobra 11 with 5, 4XX orig miles. Now, at 81 am ready to sell the Fox Saleen, which now has 12,95X orig miles. It's #85, one of 165 built, is still in same as new condition, never had a tune up that I know of and still passed Ca. smog test couple months ago on old gass. I have it listed on craigslist Modesto Ca. The cv. is fun to drive and is very very fast, but just isn't a comfy old mans car, a crippled left leg makes it hard to enjoy. Interior and top is still as near new and I think only thing that's been in the trunk is a blanket (top cover) and the top boot. Top has been down once since 2007. Any thoughts to actual value ? Thanks, Harry
OOps, should have proof red before posting, milage when I bought it, 11,4XX in 2007, now has 12,95XX so, got that straight, I think. I first sat in the Saleen when it had 4 miles on odometer. I now, when able, show my King Cobra at mustang shows, at 81, am slowing down (bad) Cheers Harry

Attachments

• saleen3.JPG
    saleen3.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 132
  • saleen1.JPG
    saleen1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 151
  • saleen4.JPG
    saleen4.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 148
  • kingcobra.JPG
    kingcobra.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN1813.JPG
    DSCN1813.JPG
    756.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN1825.JPG
    DSCN1825.JPG
    672.9 KB · Views: 163
OOps, should have proof red before posting, milage when I bought it, 11,4XX in 2007, now has 12,95XX so, got that straight, I think. I first sat in the Saleen when it had 4 miles on odometer. I now, when able, show my King Cobra at mustang shows, at 81, am slowing down (bad) Cheers Harry
Nice cars harry, catch a barrett jackson auction in your area, cali has collectors with stupid money, not that your cars are stupid, they are definitely worth stupid money.
Post an ad.

BIG Boobs are useless, anything more than a mouthful is wasted. Thanks karthief, I know a BJ auction should bring best money but don't think you can put a reserve now.. I took a 70 AMC Rebel Machine and a 70 Mustang conv. to there back when B Jackson first started, only had one tent, held maybe 50 cars or less, The 70 conv. sold for $5,500, The Rebel Machine bid to $5,500 and I brought it home, finally sold it for $5500. Sure wish I'd kept it, it was all original and beautiful, Red White and Blue, orig. everything. I have 15 Mustangs now, but at one time, 1990's I had 68 of them, my one acre was covered, most were fastbacks and conv's. I have a 69 and a 70 fastbacks, Ram Air CJ's, still in restoration and probably will never get finished. My son try's to help but is on kidney dialysis so. Also have two 67 fb's, also unfinished. Thanks for the comment, the auction is some trouble but probably my best option, as my son needs all the help I can give. The Saleen is very hot so they did a good job on the engine and suspension from their shop. I do prefer the older ones, gas and fire is all there is to repairing them and, I'm very old school. I was a machinist by trade so was able to build my radical modified 67 fb.(poor mans funnycar) in my backyard shop. Exhaust pipes were the most work, 7 pieces of s/s in each pipe at 22 inches long, .Body is welded and molded one piece and raises up to 45 degrees by rear tilt bar. plex windows and brushed .032 aluminum interior.awaits. Cheers, Harry

Attachments

• DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    534.8 KB · Views: 127
  • inventory 181.JPG
    inventory 181.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN1719.JPG
    DSCN1719.JPG
    512.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 1-2013 cars 436.JPG
    1-2013 cars 436.JPG
    767.5 KB · Views: 161
G-nite everyone, is 3:15 am and past my bedtime, is getting around 110 to 113 degrees here in mid afternoon so, I do what work I can at night now. This computer makes me crazy though. Harry

I remember looking out for cobras when they were new and I remember always seeing the cobra r (I think) 5 spokes all the time on them. I'd always look to see what wheels were on them, loved seeing those wheels.

I've just called them 94-97 Cobra wheels. A friend of mine ran them on a '88 hatch back Saleen years ago and they looked killer.
Hi guys, for what it's worth, I think those wheels are nice, I'm using similar on my Saleen, My stock Saleen wheels has very hard racing tires and are not a good ride. I have my Saleen for sale now, as it's not a good "old mans car" Cheers, Harry

Attachments

• saleen3.JPG
    saleen3.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 142
  • saleen5.JPG
    saleen5.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 137
  • saleen6.JPG
    saleen6.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 156
I've also noticed I may have more luck in buying a automatic car, then swapping a 5 speed in...or 6 speed. Don't know what's all involved except the basic trans, pedal, flywheel clutch kit and linkage. I imagine the pedals are horrible just like any other car.

Reactions: 1 user