The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

• Sponsors (?)

Are foxes popular overseas? Don't think I've seen pics of them out of North America. But of course my research in foxes is limited.
Blocket.se has 8 foxes in all of Sweden right now for sale. Mustangs have been sold here at Ford dealers since `66 . But many have been imported too. Like mine. Side marker lights is usually a give away if it's Swedish sold or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Blocket.se has 8 foxes in all of Sweden right now for sale. Mustangs have been sold here at Ford dealers since `66 . But many have been imported too. Like mine. Side marker lights is usually a give away if it's Swedish sold or not.
Side marker lights appeared universally in the USA in 1968. '67 Mustangs did not have them, '68s with identical body paneling, did. Best way (here) to tell 67 from 68. imp

Reactions: 1 user
no shooting necessary... to each there own. Just that t-tops are pretty rare on the 87-88 foxes. I had a 88 GT with t-tops. Bought when I got out of school. First big purchase. Should have kept it.... T-tops where discontinued in 88 but some early production year cars had them...

Raceland is a bargain set of coilovers. They're not bad, by any means, just don't quite offer what a higher dollar set has.

That grey car seems a little pricey.

I worry when I see something deleted, there are correct ways to delete things and then there's the way most people do things.

If it were a 50k mile car, maybe I would look more.

Raceland is a bargain set of coilovers. They're not bad, by any means, just don't quite offer what a higher dollar set has.

That grey car seems a little pricey.

I worry when I see something deleted, there are correct ways to delete things and then there's the way most people do things.

If it were a 50k mile car, maybe I would look more.
I am ignorant when it comes to these cars. I assume you mean the smog delete? I need education!

I am ignorant when it comes to these cars. I assume you mean the smog delete? I need education!
Yeah, the smog pump, etc.

It's really not beneficial removing it, maybe to declutter the engine bay is about the best reason to do it.

It normally is deleted from a belief that it'll unlock extra horsepower, or there is a problem with the system so people get rid of it instead of figuring out the problem.

One problem when deleted is that if you still have original catalytic converters, they'll plug up. They need to have the air pump in order for them to work properly. You can put in a new exhaust system though and either delete the cc's or add modern cc's that don't need the addition of extra oxygen.

I've seen enough already of when people remove factory things from their fox mustangs to know that most people don't take the time to learn how to do it properly and neatly.

Heck, just the aftermarket stereo rewiring that I've seen is enough to make me shake my head.

So I fairly automatically think when I see something has been deleted that the worked was hacked out. Kind of a guilty until proven innocent thing. Lots of kids have owned these mustangs because they're so cheap and they cut their teeth in working on a car with those poor mustangs.

So again excuse my ignorance.. Looking through Mustang vendor sites, I don't see any handheld tuners for the Foxbody. I have read some stuff on Megasquirt and it looks pretty complicated and expensive but that seems to be the program people use. If I decided to go the modified route, would I need a tune program say if I had a trickflow top end kit, or a supercharger? I have some fuel injection experience with my Fitech setup, but that's a whole different monster I'm sure.

@Tubbster66

That gray Fox is pretty clean and mostly tastefully modified IMO. The Anderson N-41 cam is pretty common I believe. I see nothing wrong with deleting the smog pump and lines that run to the back of the heads while deleting the factory cats so long as you don't need them for smog compliance. A lot of us do that as soon as we are smog exempt and we start digging in to the engine. I tossed mine out while I was in there installing my headers and ran a shorter serp belt. Mine thermactor lines were clogged from carbon build up at the back of the heads, no surprise for an untouched 27 year old car.