The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

I'm sorry to say that I sold the cobra, I fixed a few vacuum lines and changed the oil and it ran like a champ :nice: it was at the shop parked by the fence and this guy kept at me say'n he just had to have it, I was still undecided if I even liked the sn95 platform although it ran and drove great but he had cash.

View: https://youtu.be/2lqdErI9uss

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry to say that I sold the cobra, I fixed a few vacuum lines and changed the oil and it ran like a champ :nice: it was at the shop parked by the fence and this guy kept at me say'n he just had to have it, I was still undecided if I even liked the sn95 platform although it ran and drove great but he had cash.
All good! Money talks and hopefully it’ll live on

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
So I guess I should put up some pics to satisfy the curious one. Or I could name the next contestant on What Did The Exxon Valdez Say?
That requires firing up the Big Screen. And tha means I have to find a rope cause it needs to be pull started like an old lawn mower.
So I'll be right back :leaving:

So I guess I should put up some pics to satisfy the curious one. Or I could name the next contestant on What Did The Exxon Valdez Say?
That requires firing up the Big Screen. And tha means I have to find a rope cause it needs to be pull started like an old lawn mower.
Speaking of this "Namesake" thread. At least you didn't try to do the rear main seal (Auto Trans) and when putting it back together get the flywheel/torque converter seized up like my son and I just did. He wants to take it apart and see if it can be saved. I went to the pull-a-part and got the parts for a T5 swap, I like my solution better. He still wants to see if it can be saved................. FKN Kids :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Well, you did manage to take a pic of a battery cable a couple of months ago.

Whatever the medical episode was, I hope it was not Quincy, M.E.. Using an Ouija Board is much slower than a keyboard, and I have not seen one with a USB cord yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Whatever the medical episode was, I hope it was not Quincy, M.E.. Using an Ouija Board is much slower than a keyboard, and I have not seen one with a USB cord yet.
YOU ARE WELCOME
THE_MARS_VOLTA_THE%2BBEDLAM%2BIN%2BGOLIATH-445841b.jpg
usbouija.jpg

• Wow
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
ok, I got some pics to bring this up to date, as you know I have been tossing around the 'I need aluminum heads' thought but in reality I don't so it's back to the GT40ps,
car torn apart still:
20200905_113605.jpg

pats for kitchen remodel(not pictured sink and relate stuff and a new stove hiding behind all that junk)

20200905_113556.jpg

and tile and yes we took brand x to lowesdepo to pick it up, after all it is a 'pickup'
20200905_113616.jpg

and a stripper in the back yard(every guy needs one of those!!)
20200905_113655.jpg

anybody see anything on 'the stripper' that they need?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Speaking of this "Namesake" thread. At least you didn't try to do the rear main seal (Auto Trans) and when putting it back together get the flywheel/torque converter seized up like my son and I just did. He wants to take it apart and see if it can be saved. I went to the pull-a-part and got the parts for a T5 swap, I like my solution better. He still wants to see if it can be saved................. FKN Kids :shrug:
so, did you figure out what the trans problem was? Ah, besides the shift handle only moves forward and back and no third peddle.
That torque converter seizure was likely because it was not seated all the way into the pump,

I bought it years ago to restore when I had a shop. The previous owner couldn't make the efi work so he stuck a carb on it, he told me the engine had a blown head gasket, I had a wrecked gt vert the same year and intended to swap what was needed from the gt to the gray lx, most of the wiring is jacked up on it but I had everything to restore it.
I closed the shop and sold off most of the cars and parts but for some reason that vert just followed me around, steve got the engine and a door and a piece of the top for his vert, someone else needed the trans and now it's a 'stripper', it's a shame because the body is still pretty solid but I got too many 'things' to do and no time for it. I've tried to sell it several times in the past but you know how it is with convertibles, never found that person that could appreciate it.