Progress Thread The Northwoods Notch

I grew up in Mass. and the Maine boys would come down to get out of the woods quite a bunch of rough boys. I also went to Bar Harbor. very nice. Motorcycles are dangerous I would not ride one . I bet twenty people die every year here in Sarasota . Anyway your doing a great job on the fox do you need a tune on it with the big intake. I got the same one and a check engine light came on and I needed a tune.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Update time.. Been working on the car here and there.. but I've been busy. The new speedo driven gear fixed the speedo. I haven't gotten to drive the car to test the fuel gauge. I did the left side run channel weather strip. It's really fighting me. It's all done but it pinches the window hard in the front of the window causing it to not go up all the way. When I remove the mirror it is fine. I tried trimming the weather strip by the mirror and it made it better but the problem continues. On the other side a new window motor was the cure. This side was much stonger and it already has a replacement napa motor. No telling how old it is.. I may throw a replacement in if it bothers me. Work is slow and our pay has been furloughed so spending extra cash on the car isn't in the cards right now unfortunately.

My buddy is going to buy my old BBK CAI tomorrow so I felt ok to buy a new battery box and shut off. While working on the locks and windows it was a pain to keep unhooking the battery. Also, i never had a box.. only the top of a marine box and strap. I did't think much of it. UNTIL i went on a test drive and forgot to strap the battery back in. Fortunately I had some towels in the trunk. The battery fell on them and spilled minimal fluid. The whole ordeal made my realize I had a problem I didn't know I had. It's just a marine battery box and a harbor freight shut off switch. I made the bracket out of aluminum stock from lowes. Chances are I will not be drag racing so this set up should work for me.
DE9BD925-6343-4A2E-A842-FEBC3B4A32B3.jpeg

E64E513A-340F-40F8-8977-4AC73B64DCCA.jpeg

I'll likely round the edges of the bracket and powdercoat it. Next on the list is to paint my drivers door panel. Then maybe the center console and dash if I have time.

Reactions: 2 users
Update time.. Been working on the car here and there.. but I've been busy. The new speedo driven gear fixed the speedo. I haven't gotten to drive the car to test the fuel gauge. I did the left side run channel weather strip. It's really fighting me. It's all done but it pinches the window hard in the front of the window causing it to not go up all the way. When I remove the mirror it is fine. I tried trimming the weather strip by the mirror and it made it better but the problem continues. On the other side a new window motor was the cure. This side was much stonger and it already has a replacement napa motor. No telling how old it is.. I may throw a replacement in if it bothers me. Work is slow and our pay has been furloughed so spending extra cash on the car isn't in the cards right now unfortunately.

My buddy is going to buy my old BBK CAI tomorrow so I felt ok to buy a new battery box and shut off. While working on the locks and windows it was a pain to keep unhooking the battery. Also, i never had a box.. only the top of a marine box and strap. I did't think much of it. UNTIL i went on a test drive and forgot to strap the battery back in. Fortunately I had some towels in the trunk. The battery fell on them and spilled minimal fluid. The whole ordeal made my realize I had a problem I didn't know I had. It's just a marine battery box and a harbor freight shut off switch. I made the bracket out of aluminum stock from lowes. Chances are I will not be drag racing so this set up should work for me.
DE9BD925-6343-4A2E-A842-FEBC3B4A32B3.jpeg

E64E513A-340F-40F8-8977-4AC73B64DCCA.jpeg

I'll likely round the edges of the bracket and powdercoat it. Next on the list is to paint my drivers door panel. Then maybe the center console and dash if I have time.
Mmmm, original notchback trunk panels. So nice, but so hard to find.

@Habu135 I didn't realize they were hard to find. Too bad, cause, mine are actually pretty beat even though they look ok in pics. I'll need to see if I can clean them up and get them fastened properly.

Side note. I need to made a new spare tire cover. The factory one caves in with minimal weight.

@Habu135 I didn't realize they were hard to find. Too bad, cause, mine are actually pretty beat even though they look ok in pics. I'll need to see if I can clean them up and get them fastened properly.

Side note. I need to made a new spare tire cover. The factory one caves in with minimal weight.

My car came with the optional 1/2” plywood spare tire cover in my hatch (but it works).

My car came with the optional 1/2” plywood spare tire cover in my hatch (but it works).
I used one of the many thick cardboard pieces for the trunk spare tire cover. Works very well and was free.

As far as interior trunk panels, the convertibles are easy to find and work except for a small section for the convertible motor. See attached photo.
20200617_192440.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a foxbody junkyard? :lol::rlaugh:

If so, I'm jealous.
just go out and get a D.U.I.

He takes drunk peoples‘ cars, tows them to a lot Then takes whatever sht off of the cars as he pleases, and then charges a stupid daily amount to get the car back.
Plus the stupid fee to tow it....Why do you think he calls himself a car thief?

Havent you ever had the “pleasure“ of having a car impounded by a guy like him?

• Haha
just go out and get a D.U.I.

He takes drunk peoples‘ cars, tows them to a lot Then takes whatever sht off of the cars as he pleases, and then charges a stupid daily amount to get the car back.
Plus the stupid fee to tow it....Why do you think he calls himself a car thief?

Havent you ever had the “pleasure“ of having a car impounded by a guy like him?
ACTUALLY I am a semi retired professional repossessor.
I never liked impound work.

Thanks @Habu135. If I can't get mine to clean up like I want I'll look for convertible ones.

@02 281 GT Thanks. I can't take the credit for that idea.. @Gravydog came up with it. They seem to work great though.. quite powerful. But I have nothing to compare too.. they never worked in this car or my previous car haha. The true test will be tomorrow when I put the door panels back on,

ACTUALLY I am a semi retired professional repossessor.
I never liked impound work.
I saw a bit of a "true life" TV show once about people who repossess small GA aircraft. There was an apparently tense scene where the repo lady breaks into a hangar in a fly-in neighborhood to repo a plane, "the owner could be back any second!". Yet, in spite of the rush, they somehow had time to position multiple cameras inside and outside the hangar to catch all the action.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

• Haha
I saw a bit of a "true life" TV show once about people who repossess small GA aircraft. There was an apparently tense scene where the repo lady breaks into a hangar in a fly-in neighborhood to repo a plane, "the owner could be back any second!". Yet, in spite of the rush, they somehow had time to position multiple cameras inside and outside the hangar to catch all the action.

That has nothing to do with this thread.
:doh: