The Not A Build Thread, Build Thread - no carb yet but other stuff happening - Page 6

I just read all 318 pages of MadMikes build, so I've got plenty of exposure to Noobz. I won't be able to fit guns (or rocket launchers) on this car. Wasn't in the original build.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ijust read all 318 pGes og MadMikes build, so I've got plenty of exposure to Noobz. I won't be able to fit guns (or rocket launchers) on this car. Wasn't in the original build.
Now how did you manage to go through all 318 pages of that thread in less than a month of solid reading? There is so much fodder in between the actual "progress", it's difficult to keep up with which end is up.

Do you feel sorry for my cat?

Reactions: 1 users
@madmike, I almost crapped my pants when I read about the cat. It's nice to have a good fan to move air, but too much is too much. I was painting my first car, a 73 corvette and built a paint booth in my garage out of plastic sheeting. I had a few home-type air filters on one end and a 32" box-type fan on the other. The fan rotated at a low speed, but sucked a bunch of air. Half-way through painting the car the fan started to collapse the paint booth. I had to finish painting the car (in a catalyzed enamel) with no air flow. I spent three weeks finessing dirt out of the paint. The finished product looked good, but my wife swore I'd never paint another car in the garage. Now my youngest son has my 84 project and wants to paint it - in my garage. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

The different ways you overcame problems to complete your car is amazing! The finished build is unique and a head-turner. Your brain must churn all night long coming up with ways to modify and push forward. I just read the part about the handicap parking. One of my peeves is people with a handicap tag on their mirror because they may transport a handicap person, but uses it when the handicap person is not with them. Lazy azzes!! I report every jerk I see in a handicap spot that shouldn't be there. Most of the time the store does zero about it.

Last edited:
@madmike, I almost crapped my pants when I read about the cat. It's nice to have a good fan to move air, but too much is too much. I was painting my first car, a 73 corvette and built a paint booth in my garage out of plastic sheeting. I had a few home-type air filters on one end and a 32" box-type fan on the other. The fan rotated at a low speed, but sucked a bunch of air. Half-way through painting the car the fan started to collapse the paint booth. I had to finish painting the car (in a catalyzed enamel) with no air flow. I spent three weeks finessing dirt out of the paint. The finished product looked good, but my wife swore I'd never paint another car in the garage. Now my youngest son has my 84 project and wants to paint it - in my garage. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

The different ways you overcame problems to complete your car is amazing! The finished build is unique and a head-turner. Your brain must churn all night long coming up with ways to modify and push forward. I just read the part about the handicap parking.
One of my peeves is people with a handicap tag on their mirror because they may transport a handicap person, but uses it when the handicap person is not with them. Lazy azzes!! I report every jerk I see in a handicap spot that shouldn't be there. Most of the time the store does zero about it.

Meh....you just gotta add a little color to get the job done sometimes.

Years ago...I was sitting in a parking space just about to get out, and go to the grocery store. I was parked right next to an empty handicap space. When I got out of the car, a woman pulls in w/ no visible handicap markings on her car.

So I stand there, and wait for her to get out of her own car...only she sits there.

I approach her open window, and ask her if she realizes that she's parking in a handicap space?
She huffs at me, and tells me that she is trying to find something...I tell her that I hope it's her handicap permit.
( she's actually waiting for me to go inside so she can sneak her ass in later,....after I'm inside)
I go into the store, immediately seek out the store mgr, and add a little " color" to the situation.
I tell the mgr about my conversation with the lazy btch, tell him that my father lost both of his legs in Vietnam, and I consider it a personal affront when somebody decides to take his space away from him for the sake of their convenience..especially when there are so many open spaces in the lot for her to park elsewhere.

The mgr assures me that he'll ask her to move, and just to make sure,..I stand there.

She crosses the lot, and the mgr asks her ( politely) if she is in a handicap spot, and that if she is, will she please move her car.

I'm smiling now.

She angrily stammers out that if she has to go back out there to move her car, she'll never come in to the store again...the mgr apologizes, but tells her that she'll have to move.

She storms out.

I wave buh bye to her as she does.

Reactions: 2 users
7870466a6b461922ea4bff0a135f8493372fefb9b2f8e37dbf071a743d6af6c9.jpg

LOL!! Yes, the butt hurt is strong with many, but I don't think ohbewon can help. Now that I'm in my declining years I try to avoid gun battles, knife fights and WCF bouts in the stores, although, as a true Texas, I have a license to carry.

I get butt hurt with autocorrect. I go back and try and to read what I type and wonder what drugs I'm doing

Last edited:
Nothing to report. Gearheads has had my car for 3 weeks so far. Called today and was told they’d call me back, but you can guess how that went. I’ll call them again tomorrow

Not too happy right now. Talked to Travis, the owner of Gearheads and he said both front frame rails were pretty much rusted out. I knew the right side was rusted, but not the left. He said they can’t fix it, that it needs to go to a frame shop. I would guess that’s to get the chassis square with the new frame extensions. This car has been so screwed over by PO. He said it looked like the exhaust is for a sn95, because the mufflers turn in, instead of out. I knew they were rubbing on the frame in the rear,but he said they have worn the control arms pretty badly. Not to mention the tune is going to $650, instead of $450, as it is a stand alone system. Oh, forgot the water pump is leaking. Talk about being jack-slapped! I can’t wait to hav the conversation with my wife. She will sht gophers! I don’t know that I can afford all this right now. The good news is, my wife doesn’t shoot. The bad news is, she doesn’t have to at short range

I’m seriously considering parting this out and reviving the 84 notch, but with the running gear out of this car. That’s how PO:d I am! It would just be a shame to dump this car. I need some words of encouragement

Well karthief, it’s really snfx. More of a hybrid, I guess. Neat car. I need to figure out a way to fix the frame rails that won’t break the bank. Thank you, sir

Jim

I just replaced minor frame rail rust on my car that I wasnt expecting. Try to get some pics and lets see how bad it is.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the SN interior. So much plastic that breaks, squeaks and rattles. The exterior is what sets that car apart. I woukd suggest transfering it to your other car, but it wouldnt look right on a notch IMO.

@95BlueStallion, I’ll get some when I get it back from Gearheads. Travis said he could put a c screwdriver through both sides. In my fantasy world I thought that since it doesn’t go past the shock tower I might “sleeve “ it and weld in square tubing. If it’s as bad as he said, I’d need to get an LMR frame kit and have it done at a frame shop. For me, at this time, that is going to be a ton of greenbacks

Jim

I really think there was a power adder on the car at one time. The fuel system is way more than needed and the FITech injection unit supports up to 1200 hp. It’s supposed to “self-learn”, but mine must be retarded. It bogs when accelerating, which I don’t see how that is possible. I think it’s got 8 injection units built in. My engine may just be too small for it to self-tube to. I’ll find out more tomorrow. They had it on the dyno this afternoon

Jim

Not too happy right now. Talked to Travis, the owner of Gearheads and he said both front frame rails were pretty much rusted out. I knew the right side was rusted, but not the left. He said they can’t fix it, that it needs to go to a frame shop. I would guess that’s to get the chassis square with the new frame extensions. This car has been so screwed over by PO. He said it looked like the exhaust is for a sn95, because the mufflers turn in, instead of out. I knew they were rubbing on the frame in the rear,but he said they have worn the control arms pretty badly. Not to mention the tune is going to $650, instead of $450, as it is a stand alone system. Oh, forgot the water pump is leaking. Talk about being jack-slapped! I can’t wait to hav the conversation with my wife. She will sht gophers! I don’t know that I can afford all this right now. The good news is, my wife doesn’t shoot. The bad news is, she doesn’t have to at short range
Sht gophers....bwaahaahaahaa!:rlaugh:Sorry jim, the news sucks, that just got me chuckling.

I'm kind of surprised they couldn't handle the frame rails.