Build Thread The Offical 1990coupe Progress Thread

Here is the fitting you need. "fiveohlxhatch" is right about the partnumber. If all else fails this is an option. Also, you might want to check out the other listings. There are a lot of conversion specific parts and service is great. Nice build and good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...diZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Thanks so much for that link!!!!!

I wonder if it differs that i'm using the 99+ PBR calipers.. I'll pick it up anyways thanks alot for the link!!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I know the feeling. The rear should be easy, and once its sitting on those wheels your gonna want to fly through it :D.

I hope the rear is going to be easy. My worst fear is those upper and lower control arm bolts being "welded" to the inner side of the bushings. I don't want to cut them out! I can't wait till the rear is in and the wheels are on, then i got the engine/trans and misc stuff before i fire her up!!!

I think the fitting on 94-04 calipers is the same smaller size, so you should be okay with the one fitting.

+1 they will work with your PBR soft line.

Thanks fellas! I'll order it ASAP! :nice:

Thanks so much for that link!!!!!

I wonder if it differs that i'm using the 99+ PBR calipers.. I'll pick it up anyways thanks alot for the link!!! :nice:

Yeah they work fine. I have the 99+ pbr calipers. It only really gets tricky when you start getting into banjo bolts. Love the wheels. I tried some of those on my father-in-law's 91 white lx. They looked great. Good luck. :nice:

Brake stuff for upgrade

I don't know if you ever found the adaptors for your brake upgrade yet so I'll still post anyway. I just finished the 5-lug conversion for my '89 LX 5.0 back in the spring...anyway, I found this guy on ebay and he had all of those annoying things you need to complete your upgrade! Here's the link: http://stores.ebay.com/Tech-Parts-Plus-More

If you'd care to see how my car turned out, check out my photobucket page...clayschmuck - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BTW, great progress thread!

Clay

I don't know if you ever found the adaptors for your brake upgrade yet so I'll still post anyway. I just finished the 5-lug conversion for my '89 LX 5.0 back in the spring...anyway, I found this guy on ebay and he had all of those annoying things you need to complete your upgrade! Here's the link: http://stores.ebay.com/Tech-Parts-Plus-More

If you'd care to see how my car turned out, check out my photobucket page...clayschmuck - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BTW, great progress thread!

Clay

That is EXACTLY where i ended up getting the fitting from!!!! Your car came out awesome! where did you pick the rotors up from? I'm going to use what i have for now but eventually i want something cross drilled behind those rims :)

I also found the rotors on ebay....I had planned on using what came with the axles, calipers, spindles...etc, that I got complete (and completely rusted) from a guy on ebay. I learned how to electrolytically clean the rust off of all my parts because of how bad everything was rusted! I alos discovered that one of the rear rotors had a crack in it on one of the bolt holes so, I opted to buy new ones...anyway, the upgrade was fun and frustrating but I love the results! Oh, and the owner of that ebay store that I posted from yesterday is pretty cool and very helpful! He didn't steer me wrong!

Cheers mate!

Clay

Update:

Well only day i had to work on the car was Sunday. And even that, my Dad bailed on me and nobody was around to help, so I had none. I was able to get the old rear out (rusty welded in bolts and all) and get the new e-brake cables in. Then i buttoned up the rear end cover, filed it with fluid and got it all ready and prepared to go in. I also spend quite a bit of time fabbing up the softline off the old housing onto the new housing. Right now the soft line was attaching to the passenger side frame rail. I *think* this is the area where the muffler mount will end up. So what i'll be doing is adding to that hard line on the car and moving it to the top of the tunnel. The 99+ rear brake softlines were also a challenge, in the pics below you can see what i ended up doing. All thats left is to add to the hardline on the car and move it to the center of the tunnel, and add hardlines from where the softlines end from the calipers to the T block i fabbed from a combo of the old T block mount, and the good T block off the 4 banger rear. Enough rambling, here are teh pics!

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

Here is what I ended up doing with the softlines....
IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

Just a little idea of what she'll look like next weekend minus the 4x4 look :)

IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg

my fab up..
IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

I like the brake line set up. That was a good idea. Everything looks to be working out great! You have UCA and LCA's right?? Your car will ride awesome with new springs, isos, and control arms! Did you buy new shocks and struts? I skipped that on Hack Job, but I want to buy new in the spring because bumps are rough with the Steedas and the used shocks & struts.

:nice::nice::nice: