The official wheel weight thread

• Sponsors (?)

So your saying the OEM 03 Cobra's are: 25.5lbs
and the 5 star 99+ gt wheels are : 17lbs

That cant be right and has be be attributed to differences in weighting methods. I just dont see how there is a 8.5 lb difference. I've seen other places that the 5 star 99+ wheels are 22 lbs, and that sounds closer to the real weight to me. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Edit: the reason I bring this up is b/c I decided to get he 03 Cobra's. From what I've heard it is 10lbs rotational = 100lbs dead weight. If there is a 8.5 lbs difference per wheel, then that would be 85lbs * 4 wheels = 340lbs in dead weight or 34 pounds in rotational weight.

Originally posted by 99GrandTouring
Thats why I started this thread, for once and all to know the weights of the wheels.....
so if something is wrong, tell me, but don't just say the weight you think they are.
WEIGH THEM!!!!:D :nice:

I wasnt stating a weight, but I'll weight my old rims as soon as I get the 03's.

Originally posted by wms004
Chad

could you feel a difference going from your old rims/tires to the new ones in terms of acceleration?

Oh yea, now I really get off the line, however most of that is probably from the Khumo's over the Gatorbacks rather than them being 18's/17's :).

--chad