Then you have the Holy Grail...

Screenshot_20210120-080951_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Stuff showed up yesterday....the overflow tank and cheapo radio. Haven't even really touched the radio...but....

20210123_000515.jpg

That shiny thing sitting by the coil and at the end of the battery was not my original plan. I wanted to put it down on the passenger side below the headlights. There was no way to make that work rationally. The cap would be under the headlight header and unable to add fluid without removing the bumper. Hellz No !!!

Where it is now there's a pre-made hole in the frame above the sway bar mount and the coil bracket had the perfect size pre-made holes also. That meant no drilling or making new holes. I don't know why new holes bother me so bad. It isn't like this car is perfect or even a true V8 notch 5speed. Maybe because a couple of my previous foxes had all types of self tappers and holes drilled all over the place. I hated every bit of that.

This location of the overflow kinda nullifies my wire tuck and the PS pump removal. It fills that whole area almost. I can still reach the oil filter and it's away from the headers. The 1.5 inch flat stock that's holding that jug will get polished up and that's how it'll be until I relocate the battery and figure out a different option.

Now, on to fixing that thermostat gasket leak and cleaning up the bolts.

Reactions: 3 users
Finished the overflow tank install...

20210123_224342.jpg

20210123_224357.jpg

The cheapo radio is installed. I was surprised at how well this little 26 buck thing sounds through bluetooth, my 600 watt amp, and the 10 inch Kicker. Very pleased.

20210123_204114.jpg

The one lame duck is my black face 5" tach. There's one coming but the USPS sucks right now. Was supposed to have been delivered already but is still I'm transit. Guess it'll be here soon. I can't wait. MustangIIMatt really hooked me up. Just waiting now....

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I couldn't help it....just had to do it...

20210125_193558.jpg

My tach light plugged right in. Used bullet connectors so everything can be unplugged if need be.

• Love
Found out the reason for the leak. My dumb @S5 didn't tighten the lower bolt up. It was like I just put it in and hand tightened it. The bolt was also too short. It was 3/4 instead of 1 inch. It would've been fine if it was tight. Checked and cleaned the threads just to make sure I hadn't stripped it. All was good. It's been like that for a long time. I noticed coolant pooling sometimes above the timing cover but thought it was only from the lower intake. I could see a trail coming down between the intake and head.

It's all fixed now. Lower intake now has a good correct gasket and the thermostat housing has been resealed and tightened down. Surprised the leak wasn't worse than it was. Could've been bad while I was driving around.

I had the whole intake off not that long ago and didn't even think to check the thermostat housing. That short loose bolt was put in there 3 or 4 years ago. I always loosely put the bolts in to let the gasket sealer set up then tighten them down. I dodged a huge issue.

Pressure tested over night with my pressure tester and no leaks. Topped off and fired up to set timing. I had to shift the distributor to get a wrench on the lower thermostat housing bolt. I forgot how much of a pain that thing is. Ended up cutting down a cheap wrench. I have a set of stubby wrenches but wouldn't ya know...the dang 1/2 inch one is missing. I probably left it on the core support or battery 4 years ago when I forgot to tighten the bolt.

20210130_121137.jpg

20210130_115918.jpg

I need to " borrow " some of my wife's black nail polish to touch up a few nicks. I'm sure she won't mind if she never finds out.

Funny how during a repair like this anything you drop ends up in the drain pan.

Reactions: 1 users
Hummmm, where did I put her phone number :chin
Nerver mind, she prolly won't care anyway
What other lazy ass “smart phone user” incorrect word usage(s) do you commonly belch out I wonder? I’d get it if you were under 30, and didn’t have the benefit of a traditional grade school education,...but you did.
And you aren’t under 30 either (i’m guessing).
Maybe you prefer that those who did pay attention in 3rd grade just think you were kept home to help with the chores?

Or...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
She found out....H - E - L - P... written on the back window of her SUV with my bloody pinky finger. It's the only one left.

She caught me....gotta go...

She caught me writing this too....uh oh !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
What other lazy ass “smart phone user” incorrect word usage(s) do you commonly belch out I wonder? I’d get it if you were under 30, and didn’t have the benefit of a traditional grade school education,...but you did.
And you aren’t under 30 either (i’m guessing).
Maybe you prefer that those who did pay attention in 3rd grade just think you were kept home to help with the chores?

Or...
10 grade drop out, I don't know what happened in the third grade, I went to public school and it was the sixties.
IwasjustwonderingifIshouldpokethebearcauseIcanguesswhatheisdoing after9pmonsaturdaynightandhedoesnotneedtohavetomuchfun

Reactions: 1 user