Progress Thread The Only Part Of A Chevy You Don't Have To Tow (until Now), Into An Sn95.

• Sponsors (?)

Too much on the brain so I went back to the garage. Found where the CTS went and installed it. As well as the cam sensor
Damn crank sensor is behind the starter and behind my PITA headers
image.jpg

Now on Fbody cars with their 8' dashes, you have to cut the dash to clear an elbow or a 4150/4500 TB. Gives the perfect shelf to place the IAT sensor.
image.jpg

But...since Ford didn't bury their motors like GM, I don't have that option.
image.jpg

The neon ziptie is very temporary but I'll be trying to mount it near the TB opening.
The map sensor is mounted on the firewall. So I'll run a hose off one of the barbs on the back of the Tb for that.
Neither one of my throttle cables works with the TB. But I haven't looked into it so maybe I'm doing something wrong

Got started on my gauge cluster as well

image.jpg

Picture shows up right in mobile, but I'm sure it's sideways on desktop

Too much on the brain so I went back to the garage. Found where the CTS went and installed it. As well as the cam sensor
Damn crank sensor is behind the starter and behind my PITA headers
image.jpg

Now on Fbody cars with their 8' dashes, you have to cut the dash to clear an elbow or a 4150/4500 TB. Gives the perfect shelf to place the IAT sensor.
image.jpg

But...since Ford didn't bury their motors like GM, I don't have that option.
image.jpg

The neon ziptie is very temporary but I'll be trying to mount it near the TB opening.
The map sensor is mounted on the firewall. So I'll run a hose off one of the barbs on the back of the Tb for that.
Neither one of my throttle cables works with the TB. But I haven't looked into it so maybe I'm doing something wrong

Got started on my gauge cluster as well

image.jpg

Picture shows up right in mobile, but I'm sure it's sideways on desktop

So,...wait a minute....

The pic of the gauge cluster you've posted several pics above is from a different car?

Why not just find pics of another complete, running car and just post pics of that? Think about how much easier that would be, instead of having to actually do this stuff yourself.:cheers:

So,...wait a minute....

The pic of the gauge cluster you've posted several pics above is from a different car?

Why not just find pics of another complete, running car and just post pics of that? Think about how much easier that would be, instead of having to actually do this stuff yourself.:cheers:
Really wish you had mentioned this thousands of dollars ago :doh:

Unfortunately my dreams of a custom cluster are dead for the moment. I was using my 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel, just buzzing along and I thought to myself, "self, this stuff smells funny when you cut it and it sure smokes a lot for plastic" and myself said, "nah dude, your grinders just on fire"
Damn thing got sizzling hot, let out a steady cloud of smoke and died right there in my arms.
:(

image.jpg

Back seat full of dead dinosaurs
Picked up a new upper rad hose that will hopefully fit better. A hose to loop the heater core ports on the WP. Hose for the MAP. More Type F to replace the tidal wave on the floor when I installed the trans. Had to get an LS3 oil filter, and a shorter belt.
Nice to be down to the odds and ends but they sure add up

Last edited:
Really wish you had mentioned this thousands of dollars ago :doh:

Unfortunately my dreams of a custom cluster are dead for the moment. I was using my 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel, just buzzing along and I thought to myself, "self, this stuff smells funny when you cut it and it sure smokes a lot for plastic" and myself said, "nah dude, your grinders just on fire"
Damn thing got sizzling hot, let out a steady cloud of smoke and died right there in my arms.
:(
No matter how many times it happens it never gets easier. At least it died in your arms with the comfort of knowing it died doing what you loved it to do for you. I lost a mini-air grinder a while back. Poor little guy took a beating but once the air hose blew off it was all over.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Nothing too big. Sorted out my coolant hoses and the steam ports. Swapped out the belts and mounted the map.
Also wired the alt. Since there isn't a PCM to signal it to charge, I soldered a 470 ohm resister in line with the 12v wire. Voltage drop should trigger the alt to charge. Plug is from a c5 and these parts store alts are bastardized so I may have to readdress it. Still waiting on SuperchargerAuto to send my Holley stuff.

@90lxcoupe
What did you do for a throttle cable/bracket with your 4150?
Stock 4.6 cable is way long, wrong ends for the accufab arm. My Lokar LS1 cable could be cut down but the end doesn't fit and the pedal side is wrong. Which I can modify
Leaning towards this
image.jpg

And a standard holley style return spring bracket. Thoughts?

I used a stock 1985 cable, with an universal 4150 throttle cable bracket. I bought the cable from auto zone and didn't use a return spring because the throttle body has 2, and the cable had a return spring also.

To connect the cable to the bracket i drilled and tapped a hole to bolt it in and modified the bracket a little bit. I will get a pic if you want. On the 4150 setup i used the trick flow bracket but any of the universal ones from summit should work.

Also, you will need a 5/8" or larger raised air filter base and you will have to cut the arm so that you can use the lowest hole in the linkage and clear the air filter base. Accufab should send you a throttle ball if you call them up and ask nice, lol.

I used a stock 1985 cable, with an universal 4150 throttle cable bracket. I bought the cable from auto zone and didn't use a return spring because the throttle body has 2, and the cable had a return spring also.

To connect the cable to the bracket i drilled and tapped a hole to bolt it in and modified the bracket a little bit. I will get a pic if you want. On the 4150 setup i used the trick flow bracket but any of the universal ones from summit should work.

Also, you will need a 5/8" or larger raised air filter base and you will have to cut the arm so that you can use the lowest hole in the linkage and clear the air filter base. Accufab should send you a throttle ball if you call them up and ask nice, lol.
I bought the cable end that I posted. Hoping it works. And a CSR springless bracket. I'd like to see your setup if possible though.
I'm gonna cut about 14" off this Lokar cable and put this end on it. If it fits the hole we're good to go. Otherwise hopefully accufab will honor the $540 I spent and hook me up :nice:
Sucks I'll have to cut up this good looking part but it is what it is

I'd just buy a stock cable and return that lokar. I like to keep as many OEM style parts on stuff like that, the cable was like 30 bucks from auto zone but on the other hand I'm not sure that the 85 cable would fit your car without any modification.

What happened to your other thread?

I'd just buy a stock cable and return that lokar. I like to keep as many OEM style parts on stuff like that, the cable was like 30 bucks from auto zone but on the other hand I'm not sure that the 85 cable would fit your car without any modification.

I just continually change the name of this one.
I've got a stock 4.6 cable but that MF'er is long as hell. Looks like the pedal connection is different than 302 cars.
The OEM thing is down the front control arms and the axle housing haha
image.jpg

This is the bracket, I figure no problems there. Hopefully everything is here on Tuesday and I'll be able to try it out. I'll definitely go your route if this end piece doesn't work out.

This is the other thread. He just changed the title.

Got a ton done today. If all goes well I'll fire it up tommorow, fingers crossed.
First off the Holley kit is impressive. It's labeled, sorted and just overall extremely nice.
So I cut it up...
I guess it's laid out for an F-body and as to be expected it doesn't really reach in some places and over reaches in others. Wasn't a big deal at all.
image.jpg

Initial birds nest
image.jpg

This is the harness pulled through the firewall. Again, sorted and labeled.
image.jpg

Made a mount out of the ABS material. Ended up flipping the ECU around and running the harness through the back.
image.jpg

So back in with the dash.
image.jpg

Main power harness run to the battery.
I'll have to wire up the fan relays, I've got to swap a couple sensors and finish the gauges. Otherwise the ECU portion is done.
On to fuel

image.jpg

I was able to route everything from the rail to the regulator and back to the tank. Out of my 20' I was left with about 8.5' which unfortunately isn't enough.
image.jpg

Regulator mounted

image.jpg

I don't think the regulator on the firewall will pass NHRA tech. Also, do you have a ground from the battery directly to the engine?
Honestly didn't look it up before I mounted it there. What's the ruling there?
And yes I've got a ground to the block.
Harness is ground to both heads, ecu ground to the battery. Fuel pump ground to the battery.
as well as it feels like 10 other grounds throughout