the only respectable 4cyl's

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
honestly, being a straight 100% v8 guy, i can now admit that i think that the only 4 bangers that are worth a **** are 4cyl mustangs. mainly the svo's, but also the n/a's as well. i just think that it would be cool to build the **** out of a 2.3, you know... american ****, not any of that high tech ***** ass honda crap. just wanted to say that.

keep up the good work guys...

• Sponsors (?)

yah cant beat the iron block/iron head 8v setups eh?

a guy with a setup almost identical to mine (but i've got more, bottom end etc)

just made 415hp and 395ft-lbs to the ground on a stock 2.3T block, headgasket and head bolts on PUMP GAS (93)

then the headgasket blew to hell, but i'm running a built bottom end with a performance headgasket and ARP headbolts :)

I saw a 900hp 2.3L website... I tell you what, I think I will buy a 2.3L turbo and store it in the basement. If fuel prices jump to something like 2.00$ a liter (over 7.50 a gallon Cdn) I will dump the 2.3T into my car and put the V8 into my living room with a piece of plasti-glass over it to form a table. Currently the gas is 1.12 a liter. But yeah to the point, 2.3L I4's rock! May not be very fast at the 88hp level but will last a long time.

I swear the horsepower ratings are off, cause my stock 105hp '93 n/a a4ld thats been cleaned inside and out, flew better than a newer focus with 130hp. Maybe it's the 3.73 gears and that tranny can handle the old brake-gas combo. I plan on rebuilding it debating on either keeping the engine the 93 n/a motor and see what I can get from it, or just find a 2.3T, SVO prefably, then sport off the shiny 2.3 symbols.