Digital Tuning The Problems Continue

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
a van down by the river
Here we go again....

So, I finally got my car back together after the fuel line ruptured and burnt up a bunch of stuff. Started up fine. Found a leaky turbo feed line. Just replaced that. Started up fine afterwards. I pulled out the spout while it was running to check the timing and it stalled. Wont start. Code 15. Moates Quarterhorse tuned. Tried re-writing the tune, went through ok. If I read the tune from the QH, its says undefined. WTF

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the tune didn't load properly. Does the Moates use a checksum to determine if the loaded software isn't corrupted?

I'm thinking perhaps the coin cell battery on the Quarterhorse died from sitting. There was an issue pointed out a while back from the Moates people identifying a bad resistor that permitted a drain on the battery on certain ship dates of which mine was within the range listed. I'll need to pull it out and call Moates Monday to confirm

I pulled out the computer and Quarterhorse and did the tests that Moates detailed. Everything with the unit checks out ok. The solder on the computers j3 port is worn pretty thin, and was slightly dirty. I cleaned it up a bit. Will try to reload the tune tomorrow when I get time.