Progress Thread The Ragged Gt Thread-little To No Progress Made-Garage Art

Thats fair. Im actually wanting an SN rear axle. My rear wheels are slightly sucken in versus my fronts, and I havent converted to rear discs yet. Kill two birds with one stone, and three birds if I can find one with 3.27 or 3.55 gears....

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Knocking the dust off once again.
The parts car ended up not happening (long story not worth repeating.)
I finally pulled the trigger on the trans rebuild with my builder buddy- it’s being assembled this week.
Hopefully this weekend I’ll start disassembly.
All summer I had intentions of tearing it apart and refreshing everything..
But honestly-I’m kinda leaningbthe way a few others on here are currently headed.
I’m thinking install trans-replace engine gaskets- deep paint and interior detail- and finish it off with a pretty New for sale sign.

• Surprised
Traded my Bbk long tubes-that have been hanging on my garage wall for the last 4 years mind you-for a set of Bbk shorties today.
50CCEC3A-A7A6-4498-BFF9-3906AD496B00.jpeg

I had also found this-
D373CBFE-5E21-49BF-8CCB-0134E7E753F3.png

I shared this on another thread-most said no,one said yes,one said maybe- anybody else have any input before I buy it lol

There's probably a good reason it's all back in one box... together... again.

Someone said, "F#$&&% POS. Maybe I can off-load it and get some money back".

Ford distributors for Windsor blocks. Doesn't matter how much HP you make. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I’m a $1000 dollars lighter -but I picked up the freshly rebuilt Transmission last night before work. Next couple of weekends I will actually make some progress.
I recently bought a set of valve cover studs- got to thinking about header studs, are they worth it?
6C7FD9EA-68E7-4CAB-BF71-633FC75EAFA2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Ordered a few more parts for the car-hopefully in a couple of weekends I’ll put it all together. My attention has slowly shifted back to the paint and body. The body of the car is really nice and straight,the paint is easily an 8/10 and cleans up great-but as some of you know-especially @Davedacarpainter lol it has these Ugly poorly done ‘Boss’ letters that where stenciled out before the black paint was laid- and I absolutely hate em. Currently the lettering is hidden under some ford emblem decals,that really don’t look that much better. Dave gave me a how to a while back on sanding/feathering and painting over the letters-but let’s be honest-I’m scared of it ,and fairly certain it will turn out like crap.
So my new idea-one that I really like is having a set of Boss style stripes made in a flat /Hot rod black
71BF0702-F283-4BA8-A6CB-72E57F44DB96.jpeg

Trouble is- I want them to be solid stripes-without the spaces or dashes-whatever ya call it.. I’ve been looking awhile and can’t find any that are solid-the few stripe printers I’ve talked to said they can only make that version- anybody have any ideas? @JoeDaddy - do you make stripe kits?

I’m a $1000 dollars lighter -but I picked up the freshly rebuilt Transmission last night before work. Next couple of weekends I will actually make some progress.
I recently bought a set of valve cover studs- got to thinking about header studs, are they worth it?
6C7FD9EA-68E7-4CAB-BF71-633FC75EAFA2.jpeg
Ordered a few more parts for the car-hopefully in a couple of weekends I’ll put it all together. My attention has slowly shifted back to the paint and body. The body of the car is really nice and straight,the paint is easily an 8/10 and cleans up great-but as some of you know-especially @Davedacarpainter lol it has these Ugly poorly done ‘Boss’ letters that where stenciled out before the black paint was laid- and I absolutely hate em. Currently the lettering is hidden under some ford emblem decals,that really don’t look that much better. Dave gave me a how to a while back on sanding/feathering and painting over the letters-but let’s be honest-I’m scared of it ,and fairly certain it will turn out like crap.
So my new idea-one that I really like is having a set of Boss style stripes made in a flat /Hot rod black
71BF0702-F283-4BA8-A6CB-72E57F44DB96.jpeg

Trouble is- I want them to be solid stripes-without the spaces or dashes-whatever ya call it.. I’ve been looking awhile and can’t find any that are solid-the few stripe printers I’ve talked to said they can only make that version- anybody have any ideas? @JoeDaddy - do you make stripe kits?

Chris, even though your intention is to cover the offending area, you're still gonna have to do some sanding of that area to level out the lettering, or the new stripe will have the ghost of the old lettering either recessed over, or standing proud underneath the stripe.
The stripe is almost a copyright item...Almost.
Larry Shinoda gets credit for the hashed design...the very guy that took his idea of calling a mustang model "BOSS" back in 1969 to old Henry F. Himself. He reappeared when they reintroduced the namesake on your model whenever in 95-96. So I think if you want to run the stripe, you should consider that as well.....it'd be kinda like the opposite of what I do...instead of trying to downplay the muscle car origins of any stripe/decal from the 60's, I rekindle it exactly as it was on the car ( same font, factory emblem/factory stripe) on a car it was never on, as opposed to taking a car that it was, and putting on a stripe that never was.

And...
What does 1000.00 buy when you drop much that on a what....AOD? AOD-E? 4R70w?

Chris, even though your intention is to cover the offending area, you're still gonna have to do some sanding of that area to level out the lettering, or the new stripe will have the ghost of the old lettering either recessed over, or standing proud underneath the stripe.
The stripe is almost a copyright item...Almost.
Larry Shinoda gets credit for the hashed design...the very guy that took his idea of calling a mustang model "BOSS" back in 1969 to old Henry F. Himself. He reappeared when they reintroduced the namesake on your model whenever in 95-96. So I think if you want to run the stripe, you should consider that as well.....it'd be kinda like the opposite of what I do...instead of trying to downplay the muscle car origins of any stripe/decal from the 60's, I rekindle it exactly as it was on the car ( same font, factory emblem/factory stripe) on a car it was never on, as opposed to taking a car that it was, and putting on a stripe that never was.

And...
What does 1000.00 buy when you drop much that on a what....AOD? AOD-E? 4R70w?
You are completely right mike.
I had been giving thought to how raised the letter outline is-I’d like to think I could knock it down with some very fine sandpaper-but the fear of trashing an other wise nicely painted fender(s) looms in my mind.
I absolutely dig the original Boss mustangs. And I am a big fan of the SN version,the only reason I was wanting to remove the hashes is because-
2FC16753-EE91-48A9-817A-667090C6B2C1.jpeg

Gotta black out the C-stripe as well
0C11C8C3-4E64-4BBA-A86C-606B0EDD3670.jpeg

It’s a bit Frosty this morning.
164BAB35-A859-4DD7-9936-13D32E4CD583.jpeg

I think the Boss lettering will peak out under the first hash mark.
As far as the Aode- the issue found with it was a blown out O ring on the main harness connector. And a burned up reverse band. All new bands,clutches,seals etc. the valve body was modified,transgo shift kit,new torque converter and a rebuilt pump

Mike is correct, as usual. Any imperfections will show thru to the new stripe. If there is any kind of an edge anywhere, you will see it.

Yep, we can make anything. Would just need a template or some measurements to get it right.
Mike is correct, as usual. Any imperfections will show thru to the new stripe. If there is any kind of an edge anywhere, you will see it.
If I could get you the dimensions of the original stripe set-could you use that template to make a solid set without the hashes? I also bought a new set coyote 5.0 badges -I could place them on the stripe/over the lettering-that might help hide any bleed through on the vinyl. Maybe? Lol

If I could get you the dimensions of the original stripe set-could you use that template to make a solid set without the hashes? I also bought a new set coyote 5.0 badges -I could place them on the stripe/over the lettering-that might help hide any bleed through on the vinyl. Maybe? Lol
Yep, as long as I had dimensions of things, I could make it so it was all solid. I could also send you a couple of scrap pieces you could put down (and then peel back off later) to see if you would get any ghost images or not.