Progress Thread The Ragged Gt Thread-little To No Progress Made-Garage Art

Let me tell you,......If I changed out an entire auto trans w/ another non-working version, I would have a full blown, thermo-nuclear meltdown.
200.webp

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Let me tell you,......If I changed out an entire auto trans w/ another non-working version, I would have a full blown, thermo-nuclear meltdown.
200.webp

I gotta tell ya-I did not handle it well..

Is the TV cable adjusted correctly? If not the trans can have serious shift issues.
Aod-E. :(.The manual lever posistion switch is spot on though

Been awhile, but keeping with the theme of this thread-little to no progress has happened. The used transmission with a warranty turned out to be a 4R70,W. Though that would be an upgrade , buying a trans controller and dealing with the ecu just isn't going to happen lol My plans have shifted again, I have worked in the auto\industrial repair field for the last 13 years of my life.9 of those at the same company. Friday is my last day, I was offered a position with the local Transit Authority, the benefits alone make the job change worthwhile , but to be honest - the money is Really Really good lol. So the original leaking, no reverse aode will be going to a local builder,where he will crack it open and replace what's necessary and in the mean time I am going to pull the engine and replace seals etc clean it up and paint it :)

Reactions: 4 users
No progress still. Trying to work as much OT as I can to fund the rest of my parts stash- Trans builder guy is a bit busy,so I’m at the bottom of the list lol.
Plus,it’s cold,it’s snowy,and the car is still parked in the driveway :)

4987861E-75C8-4E69-BEC9-DDFA35D5B273.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
If you have a trans guy the can do the things that only trans guys can do...(reassemble clutch drums, check that they function properly) Rebuild it yourself.

I have taken apart exactly 1 4R70w. I have put exactly 1 4 R70w back together. I am not a transmission guy, nor do I play one on TV,...yet the transmission works despite the fact that I completely rebuilt the VB with different springs, balls, valves. Drilled holes where there was none, drilled bigger holes where smaller ones were. Removed electronic doo dads, and replaced them with mechanical doo dads...
An auto transmission is like building legos...you stack one item on top of another item until you get it all together. 800.00 may be a good deal to have one rebuilt, but doing it for free is much better.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Alright guys,the title still holds true-No progress made. The trans builder is recovering from knee surgery,and politely asked me if I could wait a bit longer. I agreed and have been squirting away money for all the new parts I’m after. Now that it’s warm,the wife has agreed to allow me to have sundays as Mustang days,so hopefully after I finish a few more home improvements-I can blow that Bich apart lol. Also in my true fashion,while paroosing Fb market place-I found this ;
D20D5372-25B9-48A2-B428-A1275EA61B39.png
CDD8C2C8-E03C-4B06-8148-4011630D3057.png
A5511B52-C09E-4FF8-A553-6719FF51137B.png
5465EB5D-0250-443C-B559-DADA471156D4.png
744A3FED-959A-424A-BE74-17A0637EB349.png

A mostly complete-running/driving 5.0 Aode car,granted it has no title,but would make a great parts car to mine. To rebuild my trans. is roughly $800. Dudes asking $1000 for the complete car. I’m leaning pretty hard this way-rob the drivetrain and most of the interior. Part out/scrap what I don’t want.
What do you guys think?

In the end you are getting a high mileage car full of stock parts. I would put the money toward the fresh transmission, honestly. Who says you wont need to rebuild the one in that other car a month from now...

Reactions: 1 user
In the end you are getting a high mileage car full of stock parts. I would put the money toward the fresh transmission, honestly. Who says you wont need to rebuild the one in that other car a month from now...
You make very valid points-and ones I’ve already considered. Hear me out on my new altered thought process lol I buy the parts car.Pull the engine and trans. Use the parts car trans in mine. Rebuild the parts car motor-have my original trans rebuilt over the winter. And some time next year swap in the fresh motor and trans :)
And in the process sell all the 5-lug stuff to you fox guys and recoup half my money lol

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users