The Reenmachine '65 Fastback Vintage Racer Unveiled!

reenmachine

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
San Diego, CA
I build and race radio-control cars as a hobby -- actually, I'm getting a little obsessive about it. We started a Vintage class at our local track, so of course I built a Mustang! I took inspiration from the Shelby/Terlingua Racing Team '67 Mustang notchback T/A cars, and changed the yellow to my favorite 'Camel Yellow' I run on some of my other cars.

If you're interested, there's more info on the vintage racing here:

U.S. Vintage Trans Am R/C Racing Series

TA_stang-01.jpg

TA_stang-02.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Be careful!

This hobby can be more expensive than the full size! I was heavily involved in both the electric and gas buggy/truck racing. Along with RC helicopters, and aerobatic planes.
It all started with one cheap buggy, and a weekend at the races with some friends. Thousands of dollars later...

Very cool body! I like the nod you gave to the Terlingua team.

Be careful!

This hobby can be more expensive than the full size! I was heavily involved in both the electric and gas buggy/truck racing. Along with RC helicopters, and aerobatic planes.
It all started with one cheap buggy, and a weekend at the races with some friends. Thousands of dollars later...

Very cool body! I like the nod you gave to the Terlingua team.
Oh, I know all about it. :eek:

I was way into it in my junior high years before I got into Mustangs, and bought the re-release of the Tamiya Frog on a nostalgia lark about 6 months ago. Now I've got 6 cars and I'm waaay into touring car racing. My R/C racing pit area is more impressive and better equipped than when I raced Mazdas in the SCCA. :rlaugh: