The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

Well, it looks like I went against popular opinion on this one... :p

I just really like the pedal assembly and the hand brake didn't really fit in with what I have planned for the console in this car.

Check out the floor-mount gas pedal too. It uses a cable, and Lokar's making me a custom one with the right end on it for the 4.6.

pedals2.jpg

Attachments

• pedals2.jpg
    pedals2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Sponsors (?)

Oooh I love that throttle set up.
Is it the Eliminator floor mounted one?
Would it be to much to ask for a shot of the other side? I know there is a pic on the lokar web sight but I'd love to see your one anyway.

no_3 said:
Oooh I love that throttle set up.
Is it the Eliminator floor mounted one?
Would it be to much to ask for a shot of the other side? I know there is a pic on the lokar web sight but I'd love to see your one anyway.
Yes, it's the Eliminator floor mounted one. There's another car on the lift right now, but I'll post a pic of the other side when I hook the cable up.

Got the wheels in and they're awesome. I think they're the perfect wheel for this car as they look like the '67 Shelby optional Kelsey-Hayes MagStar wheel but in 17" billet aluminum. I'm making '67 Shelby-type center caps for them and they'll ride on 245-45ZR17 Yokohamas.
magstar17.jpg

bocksta said:
Hi rm ,
your project is looking great , i have a question about the swaybar setup ,it looks like the bottom of the end links are fastened to the lower control arms or are you using the heidts bracket that bolts to the lower control arm?
They bolt to tabs welded to the lower control arm. It comes this way from Heidt's -- you only use the bolt-on brackets if you're not using coilovers.

I've been workng on making a floor panel for the trunk. It will cap off the fuel cell, protecting the sending unit and fuel pump wiring that protrudes from the top, and it gives me a nice cubby hole to mount the ECU and related wiring associated with the EFI system. I'm going to carpet the whole thing so it looks clean.

trunk_floor_half.jpg

trunk_floor2.jpg

Attachments

• trunk_floor_half.jpg
    trunk_floor_half.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 147
  • trunk_floor2.jpg
    trunk_floor2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 147
reenmachine said:
I've been workng on making a floor panel for the trunk. It will cap off the fuel cell, protecting the sending unit and fuel pump wiring that protrudes from the top, and it gives me a nice cubby hole to mount the ECU and related wiring associated with the EFI system. I'm going to carpet the whole thing so it looks clean.
Hi Reen,

Trunk looks good. I noticed that you are using "particle" board. A lighter weignt alternative would be plywood (marine grade if you want to go the extra mile). Plywood will be more dimentionally stable than material you are using. If you are building a sub woofer enclosure the PB would be a good choice due to its weight and density.

There are other materials available, but my money is on plywood.

Again, looking good. Keep up the good work.

Bob

I went with really dense particle board upon a recommendation from a speaker guy. It worked out really well. I've got the floor bolted in there in a big way as well -- you can push and pull the car around by the battery tray. The trap door houses the ECU and the power distribution box. Here's what the trunk looks like so far:

trunk_floor_in1.jpg

trunk_floor_in2.jpg

Attachments

• trunk_floor_in1.jpg
    trunk_floor_in1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 190
  • trunk_floor_in2.jpg
    trunk_floor_in2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 179
Here's what's been keeping me busy lately -- and bringing in a new crop of grey hair! I'm completely custom wiring the 4.6. I totally understand it at this point, which is the culmination of about 10 months of research... :scratch:

insane_wiring.jpg

Attachments

• insane_wiring.jpg
    insane_wiring.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 134