Roush The Saleen Store at the Irvine Spectrum

Saleen Store Opening - SCOA Event ???

For all the locals in SoCal, SCOA is planning on a double event this Saturday, July 29 to mingle with some exotics at Crystal Cove, then cruise over to the Irvine Spectrum for the Saleen Store opening at 10:00 AM.

Because of the popularity of CC, we need to get there no later than 6:45 AM Saturday morning if we expect to park together. We'll do the CC thing then leave for a leisurly cruise back through Laguna Beach ending up at the Irvine Spectrum for the grand opening of the Saleen Store. We hope to be able to park in the lot directly in front of the store, also as a group.

Come on out and join the SCOA as we support Saleen and the store opening.

Thanks

Larry Mullen
1997 S-281
Black Coupe

• Sponsors (?)

JLM said:
Because of the popularity of CC, we need to get there no later than 6:45 AM Saturday morning if we expect to park together. We'll do the CC thing then leave for a leisurly cruise back through Laguna Beach ending up at the Irvine Spectrum for the grand opening of the Saleen Store. We hope to be able to park in the lot directly in front of the store, also as a group.

....Larry, if we get to CC by 645am there will be no parking left inside the cones!! They don't make people wait until 7am anymore to park inside, its first come, first serve for parking. I would suggest getting to the promenade between 615 to 630 or chance not making it in. Just ask Micheal about that, he showed up a few weeks back about 645 and found the cones all closed off........

Saleen Store At The Irvine Spectrum

Glad to see a few folks who want to do CC then go to the grand opening of the store.

I'm cool with getting to CC early so we can park together. Since it will be early, why don't we all just meet at CC by 6:00 AM? If we meet at the Albertsons in Corona Del Mar we need to leave by 5:45 AM. Does everybody know how to get to CC? I was just figuring we could eliminate the pre-meet at Albertsons and meet at CC.

Robert, have you heard back from anyone at Saleen about parking in the lot in front of the store on Saturday? I think we should at least let them know we will have a few cars there, just in case they block off a part of the lot for display cars.

Larry
1997 S-281
Black Coupe

97 #01

Hey I think I saw your car at the Saleen Grand Opening. Nice ride, of all the saleens I know you still got one of the rarest and most collectible. So yeah I know I saw an S351 96-98, and it probably was you b/c I know your from the area. Why did you leave so early. I was there in the morning and came back around 12pm and you were gone. I wanted to hear you crank it up. I guess it's my loss. Anyway nice car. What happened to the test drives and food. Or maybe that is for the evening. They should have had more giveaways for the morning crowd afterall we are the most devoted and "die-hard"

Yeah that was Robert with the S351 at the store. All the guys lined up in that row(s) had been at Crystal Cove since the wee hours of the morning. We all left the store by 11am. Not much going on at the store other than looking at the cool displays they had inside (that split in half E car was cool). I didn't see any sign of food or entertainment either.

Also, it did look like they were offering a few test drives (at least for serious purchasers). One woman had a HUGE grin on her face pulling up in a yellow 3 valve with a Saleen rep in the passenger seat as I was leaving. The grin never left her face after she got out of the car so I bet they signed papers today.

DarkStallion095 said:
Hey I think I saw your car at the Saleen Grand Opening. Nice ride, of all the saleens I know you still got one of the rarest and most collectible. So yeah I know I saw an S351 96-98, and it probably was you b/c I know your from the area. Why did you leave so early. I was there in the morning and came back around 12pm and you were gone. I wanted to hear you crank it up. I guess it's my loss. Anyway nice car. What happened to the test drives and food. Or maybe that is for the evening. They should have had more giveaways for the morning crowd afterall we are the most devoted and "die-hard"

.....as Jeff said, I was there with the speedster and a host of other local Saleen owners. I was very impressed with the set-up of the store. I don't think it will last very long unless they get that parts department going strong and they stock the "right parts!!"
...... I like the idea of test drives but its not as easy as "hey I want to drive that". You actually have to get an app filled out and credit pulled from what I was hearing before you jump in the drivers seat. Not worth the few point deduction on my credit score when I could always drive Jeff's now :p
.....not sure what happen to the food and entertainment. Maybe that was happening later in the afternoon. At that point maybe Steve was going to be there as well.
.....about the only negative thing I got from the day was the whole idea of a car show. One of the reps was dying for all of us to show up in our cars for the "show". That was a huge *uck up. As usual, not organized at all and no hint of an actually car show. However, that would be a MUCH, MUCH better location for tha annual Saleen Show in September then at the warehouse in the middle of nowhere industrial Irvine.......:nice: With the way the "show" was orgainzed, I might as well have rode my motorcycle over, loaded in the prototype S331 and brought it home today for my collection.... :D

Saleen Store

I have been with Saleen for almost 10 years now and I am aware of the type of merchandise you all need and desire. With the store opening we will be going "back in time" and the oldie but goodie name "Speedlab" back. Speedlab is the name of our aftermarket division moving forward. We are placing a number of ads in all the magazines and should be hitting you all this month.
Also, the store is now opened and we are moving forward with installations for all year mustangs. It is my job to work back. We will now have the 84-07 body kits available, 87-07 suspension kits, 94-07 engine upgrades ( if anyone would like the old style S351 all they need to do is call me) and I am also working on the older style wheels (Stern,Speedline, Magnesium and the older pony stlye wheels). This is something that we have all talked about but is now here and slowly coming back.

Believe it or not, Saleen does care about what the customer thinks and doesn't turn its head once the sale is made. This is why I am at the store and our team is working hard to bring all the fun and exciting items back!!!

Regards,
Carlos

That is very good news Carlos! Thanks for the update.

Now Robert won't have to plot anymore to jack up other club member's cars, take their wheels, and send them for replication lol

Do you know if the store is set up to take our new owner credit vouchers? I figure its time to pick up some swag.

Carlos, Please don't play with my emotions this way... I would love to see them bring back the old stuff. Will this stuff also be on the website or not? Please let us know (or at least me :) )

I want to know the same thing George does too about the Floor Mats, Need a set of S351 mats.

SorsCode said:
Carlos, Please don't play with my emotions this way... I would love to see them bring back the old stuff. Will this stuff also be on the website or not? Please let us know (or at least me :) )

I want to know the same thing George does too about the Floor Mats, Need a set of S351 mats.

Yes, we will take care of you. I will do what i can to handle any cusomte issue and or request.

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-001.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-002.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-003.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-004.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-005.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-006.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-007.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-008.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-009.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-010.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-011.jpg

Dieselstation-Saleen-Store-012.jpg