The SN65 project car

SN65

Oct 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
Hi All,

My friends and I are building a car that we call the SVT SN65 Project car.

attachment.php

Any Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SN65

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Cheater!!! haha nice!!! What year is the bottom half? It looks like a fox body or sn-95 body with a 65-66 shell over it. That's a great idea. Are the cars the same width/length? You might have to trim or add to the fenders clear that big fat bumper on the front. Maybe go with a TCP type front bumper for their 65 fastback from back in the day. I like it.

latamud said:
(snip) You might have to trim or add to the fenders clear that big fat bumper on the front. Maybe go with a TCP type front bumper for their 65 fastback from back in the day. I like it.

Yep... might be able to hide the SN-95 bumper behind a Shelby R-Model front fascia. Depends mostly on the distance between the cowl and the bumper. A '67-'68 body might work even better, given the option to use the longer Shelby hood and front fiberglass pieces. Hmmm...

mustangbrad said:
That looks like an awesome project! I hope you didn't cut up a good '65 just for this. Otherwise that is a great idea for a car that has the bottom rusted out of it.

The 65 I cut up was pretty rough. If it were restorable I would not have cut it up. As it was I would have had to replace everything between the rocker panels and eveything from the differental back.

SN65

latamud said:
Cheater!!! haha nice!!! What year is the bottom half? It looks like a fox body or sn-93 body with a 65-66 shell over it. That's a great idea. Are the cars the same width/length? You might have to trim or add to the fenders clear that big fat bumper on the front. Maybe go with a TCP type front bumper for their 65 fastback from back in the day. I like it.

The bottom half is the rolling chassis of a brand spanking new 03 Cobra!!!

The cars are not the same width or the same length. In fact I have to relocate the shock towers forward 7" to get the wheels where they belong. As far as the "03" bumper goes, we are going to integrate the 65 bumper assy into the frame rails of the 03, including all the crumple zones.

When we are done, you will not even know that the car was modified. other than the fender flares similar to the current Shelby GT350SR

SN65

Hi All,

I was going to post some photos, but doing that is a bit problematic for me, so...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a link where you can see all the photos of this WIP as it goes along.

SN65

PS: I have figured out how to post photos so I am updating the old posts.

I didn't really think you would cut up a good '65. Anyone with the smarts to get as far as you have on this project would know better. Please keep us up to date on your progress, I'm sure that I am not the only one here interested to see how this turns out. I for one, am impressed with the originality of this project. Post more pics if you have them.

one2gamble said:
that is just awesome, I wish I had the money to do something like that :) Either way good luck
Hi 1-2-G,

Really, it don't take that much money. All you need is one slightly used classic Mustang, one slightly used 03 Cobra and about 10,000 man hours. :rolleyes:

OBTW, here is a pic of my daily driver.

SN65

Attachments

• Mustang small.jpg
    Mustang small.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,008
You sir, are THE MAN. I've pondered doing the exact thing you're doing right now. I know from memory that someone has already grafted a sn95 interior into a 65-66 fb, but it was in Australia I think.

What kind of wheels are we gonna see here? 17x10.5 deep dish bullitts, 03 cobra stockers etc? Going with the classic seats or a set of cr1's? I can't wait to see the progress. Good work!

Wow. That's going to throw some junkyarders for a loop in 30 years!!

Looks like a ton of work, but it'll be a real spectacle in the end. I can't wait to hear how it drives!

What are you going to title it as? An '03 Cobra? I'd love to be with you at the DMV when you're explaining that one! :p

reenmachine said:
Wow. That's going to throw some junkyarders for a loop in 30 years!!

Looks like a ton of work, but it'll be a real spectacle in the end. I can't wait to hear how it drives!

What are you going to title it as? An '03 Cobra? I'd love to be with you at the DMV when you're explaining that one! :p

If he uses the '65 vin he'll get past smog laws in more states.