The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

• Sponsors (?)

Cummings?
say-cummings-one-more-time-top-20-cummins-memes-youll-52862413.png
ce0fd9dc1ef6882aac6c4f27e199493f.jpg
i-dont-need-a-vibratof-trlck-my-boyfriend-drives-a-52862391.png

But no, it's not a Cummins. A 4BT weighs as much as a big block and won't rev high enough, and none of the 6B series would fit.

If it had been a non factory 302 car and I could find one, sure. There's just something about V8s with less than 5 liters of displacement that I love. Both of my 4.6 Mustangs, my 4.7 Ram, my 4.8 GMC and now my 4.7 Toyota have all been engines I've really liked.

Reactions: 1 user
If it had been a non factory 302 car and I could find one, sure. There's just something about V8s with less than 5 liters of displacement that I love. Both of my 4.6 Mustangs, my 4.7 Ram, my 4.8 GMC and now my 4.7 Toyota have all been engines I've really liked.

Well... I think we're getting down to the inlines :O_o:

If I had to pick not really knowing the features and benefits of each, I think I might go with the 300.

Hmmm..... should I give my guesses as to what ol Elsuperpinto will be powered by....?? Hmmm......

My thoughts are Ford power but not a new 5.0, something with around an advertised horsepower rating of 300 or so. I won't say exactly what I think, I'll wait until I'm surprised with the answer! :shrug:

Oh, and here's what I think about the weather:

%80%99s+not+the+heat%2C+it%E2%80%99s+the+humidity..jpg

Because this storm that rolled through here over the weekend kinda sucked. And my dehumidifier decided to stop working - AND I'm basically living in my basement while the main floor is torn apart. I woke up this morning to almost 70% humidity in the house. :bs:

But as far as working on any cars, I've done it in all sorts of weather. It's been hotter than hell or it's been around 0 degrees and I'm out laying under it while it's in the driveway - it never really mattered if it NEEDED done. Now if I'm going to go out and play with them, I'd prefer it be in the upper 50s to maybe around 80 or so. In any case I don't remember complaining about the weather, it just was what it was. Now when I finally get this garage built and I'll be able to control it a little better, then maybe things will change! :D

Hmmm..... should I give my guesses as to what ol Elsuperpinto will be powered by....?? Hmmm......

My thoughts are Ford power but not a new 5.0, something with around an advertised horsepower rating of 300 or so. I won't say exactly what I think, I'll wait until I'm surprised with the answer! :shrug:

Oh, and here's what I think about the weather:

%80%99s+not+the+heat%2C+it%E2%80%99s+the+humidity..jpg

Because this storm that rolled through here over the weekend kinda sucked. And my dehumidifier decided to stop working - AND I'm basically living in my basement while the main floor is torn apart. I woke up this morning to almost 70% humidity in the house. :bs:

But as far as working on any cars, I've done it in all sorts of weather. It's been hotter than hell or it's been around 0 degrees and I'm out laying under it while it's in the driveway - it never really mattered if it NEEDED done. Now if I'm going to go out and play with them, I'd prefer it be in the upper 50s to maybe around 80 or so. In any case I don't remember complaining about the weather, it just was what it was. Now when I finally get this garage built and I'll be able to control it a little better, then maybe things will change! :D

Use a radiant heater to warm the wall surfaces. Leave a room door open.

The drain hose was clogged. It was running last night when I went to bed, so it must've stopped up sometime overnight as the collector bucket is kinda small. It took me a whole 5 minutes tops to get it working again. Funny thing is I was just thinking about it last week since it's done this before....

Motor in question is not going to need one of these is it?
Hey its green friendly.

wind-up-key-2001026.jpg

The Adventures of ElSuper Pinto and Wonder Cortina.....
On todays episode ESP holds the driveway at bay while WC tries to escape from the garage ...
Key the theme music...

Well... I think we're getting down to the inlines :O_o:

If I had to pick not really knowing the features and benefits of each, I think I might go with the 300.

Nope.

Oh no!
not ELECTRIC

Nope.

Nope.

Gotta give us a hint
I've played with the idea of doing a different rear suspension, but there's just not a whole lot of room under these cars anyway without tubbing them. I think about a 275 or so is the widest tire that can be crammed in the stock rear wheelwells. As it is, it's going to have a damn nice set of traction bars and air shocks back there to compensate for the ol' buggy springs quite a bit.

Engine wise... dunno. Doesn't matter much. Car is already weird and different by virtue of being a II in most circles. If the 302 that's in it gives up the ghost (and I've got this nagging feeling it's going to), I've got an extra 302 roller block, still standard bore, with a set of forged pistons and steel rods sitting in storage (with an E303 cam, ARP bolts, and a pair of junkyard-fresh GT40P heads), but I'm really thinking about three possible engine swaps (4.6 4v, 3.7L V6, or an Ecoboost 4-banger) instead. Probably won't happen, the other 302 is free, I have all of the parts to swap it out, just need to put it together. I've seen one I6 II in my life, not even in person, but on the internet. It had a 250 in it, and the radiator had to be moved to the outside of the core support, and even then he was running a tiny electric fan to clear the engine. He mentioned having to notch the crossmember to clear the oil pan. Not sure I want to do something like that.

Tagged rusty in the initial post, the bodywork and paint on that car are impeccable.
I'm really digging the car's stance with the new rear suspension parts installed. One of the traction bars is all the way in, and the other adjusted nearly 2" out to install them as sits right now (haven't driven it yet), so we'll see what kind of adjusting they end up with, was kind of suprised by that. I have new front shocks in the garage waiting to go on, but I think I'm going to address the fuel tank issue first, starting with pumping the now five month old 93 octane with Sta-Bil into my F150 (where it'll be burned up in about 3 days with my 100 mile commute) and getting the fuel cell out of the trunk and re-locating the fuel pump and filters to a new location so I can install the new factory-style tank.

My to-do-list as of right now looks like:
1. Dial-in Traction Bars
2. Fuel System
3. Front Suspension
4. Rack and Pinion
5. Motor Mount Rebuild
6. Roof and finish coupe conversion
7. Hood
8. Interior
9. Body work
10. Paint (probably farming that one out).

Other things I'd like to do are:

-Junkyard F150 Coyote Swap (I've estimated that at $10k in parts alone going with a new Tremec manual trans, and only farming out the dyno-tuning).
-Manual Trans Swap (regardless of which engine ends up in the car long-term).
-Air Conditioning (again, regardless of which engine ends up in the car) I'm strongly considering a back-dash installed system from Old Air Products to help keep the engine compartment clean (would only have the compressor and the two hoses easily visible.
-Rear Seat Delete.
- Custom Audio, possibly with DVD.
I'll just leave this here...

0912172010.jpg
In SuperPinto news... some progress was inadverdently made on that old hunk 'o junk this week.

I have secured a Tremec TR3650 transmission from a 2004 Mach 1 for free... If you can't guess where this is going, hang on. If you can, DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ANYONE DAMMIT!!!

we-now-return-5b7f82.jpg

I'll defer back to my previous post but maybe the HP is off a little. I was referring to a 32v 4.6 from a Mach 1, but any 32v 4.6 would work. If you're saying no to Ford power I'm stumped....

• Haha