The tourass

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Wife's car,04 flex fuel tauras( tourass) 3.0 vulcan. I f*ckin hate it. Leaked oil on drive way for months, I drop the pan replace gasket and I find coolant leaking from WP weep hole. I just replaced it 4 years ago with , get this a warranteed oreilly pump. I'm gonna bite the Bullitt and get a motorcraft pump this weekend. I can't be live all the crap I replaced on this car, it just turned 160,000 miles and it seems I replaced alt.,starter, wp x3( now) injectors,Ma f sensor, a/c clutch,a/c compressor, then a/c compressor,condenser, dryer, some much stuff it's crazy. My stang has many more miles and less shot has to be replaced. Anyone elsewhere their wives car?

• Sponsors (?)

Our 01 Caravan was good, but used the extended warranty A LOT. It’s about the only time I bought an extended warranty on anything, but I read Consumers Report first. The 05 Caravan (that added Stow and Go, power doors and a DVD) did not take much more maintenance than my Grand Marquis. I was planning on adding at least another 100k to the odometer when it was T-Boned and totaled.
Now the girl’s VW is another story.
That’s too bad about the Taurus. The earlier not-SHO ones kept running until the tranny went out, and still kept running.

Yeah I hear ya. Thing is her dad passed and she got his car,aka tourass. So as long as Im married to her I'm married to this car.

The new tourass problem started months ago, noise when goning over bumps, dips . The struts / springs are new as is the sway bar links, and outer tie rod ends.
So I guess I gotta do the dreaded ball joints, even though they don't move when I lift up on them with my pry bar. At 160,000 miles they can't still be good.
To boot the drivers side front tire is worn down on the inside. Car was aligned not to long ago and drives straight as an arrow, doesn't pull when braking.

Get rid of that Traverse before the warranty expires.

Those things are absolute garbage and a nightmare to work on.

oh I know. Already prepping the wife to trade it in. I’ve heard the horror stories. I think we are just gonna lease an explorer. I’d rather make payments and not ever have to lift a finger to work on her car ever again.

Reactions: 1 user
Won’t work for us. Need full size CUV/suv with 3rd row seating ability, awd, roof rack, and a tow hitch.
The tow hitch is not a problem. They lowered the tow rating with the Watts link rear axle, but the engine, transmission and brakes are at least as good in the last of them, “Seating” the noisy two in the trunk is not a problem. Three will fit depending on age and if you are still stronger than them. :jester:
AWD and a roof rack are good reasons why a panther platform car is not a good choice.

Last edited:
Just AWD. It's totally doable to put a roof rack on a 'Vic.

10be7343c809e251b90759fc3fbfc5ad.jpg
Paint it Army green or camo, and my son will be set for a long time.

Well good thing you are familiar with penetration cause your gonna have to stick another one on there.
Old people have flex pipes?
I don't and I'm old :shrug:

I’ve really lost the motivation to fix cars. I don’t want to do it anymore. Wrenching on the fox is one thing, but I’m done fixing daily drivers (and yet I still do)

I’ll take it to an exhaust shop and let them deal with it. Then I’m gonna go trade it in for an F150. Cars been decent but I really need a truck. This sucks

50239CEC-466E-4678-8592-8E409BAAA580.jpeg 99D23F52-DFEF-4AFD-ADBB-EC64EC811C62.jpeg
I’ve gotten more in there. Tore-ass trunk is easily a 10 body trunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users