The Ultimate 4.6 Noob Thread

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
Huntsvegas, AL
Too bad you can't search the talk sections anymore.

I'm completely stupid when it comes to my 01GT. It's got 40k on it and it's an Automatic (booooo!).

What are the cheap things if any that I can do to it and how much $$$ will they run me. I want to run 13's. Realize that I won't be putting more than a hundred or 2 hundred bucks in it every couple of months. I already bought an HCI & exhaust setup for my 93 and I have a baby coming in September so I have little to no funds for my daily driver.

Intake? Mufflers? Chip? All I have is a K&N filter and that's it.

:shrug: :D

• Sponsors (?)

View my sig ;]

prochamber and a chambered muffler sounds the best on a 4.6 IMO!

So o/r prochamber and flows or o/r prochamber and macs.

the macs are alot louder with the o/r than flows are. GL

I'll look into that :nice:

sell it and get somethin with a 4valve then! lol
mach1 or cobra ftw :D

I've been thinking of selling it for a baby mobile. I figured if I souped it up a little I could talk myself into keeping it :shrug:

Its an auto. You absolutely definitely totally must do 4.10s AND A CHIP/TUNER before anything else. Trust me. By far the best mod for an auto. Better shifting, much better acceleration, much more fun.

j-mod, definately. gears, FTW. a tuner will be a good start. you will get to bump your shift points and play with timing and fuel mix. long tubes are good for 2-3 10ths.

Is this thread a joke?

Spending a couple hundred a month on your 4.6 should get you all modded up and in the 13's in about 2 years.

I had O/R prochamber and mac flowpaths on mine. Sounded awesome. I got a vid clip somewhere if you're interested. You should just ditch that foxbody and start modding up your 4.6.