Progress Thread Therapy Car-- Freshening Up the Lower Intake

• Sponsors (?)

Exhibit A

20190130_184225.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely. This is next up. It's a my folks place in north Alabama at the moment. I'm in the process of having a house and shop built now. As soon as we get settled in with the new digs I'll be bringing it down.
65 Mustang.jpg

It's a 65 A code, 4 speed car. My dad bought it from the second owner a little over 20 years ago. It's been in rebuild mode for the last 10. All original as far as I can tell with the exception of the motor. At some point it got swapped for a different 289 block.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so I've changed lots of disk break pads before with no issue. I have new pads and rotors for my car. The drivers side went together easy. I just can't seem to get the passenger side caliper to open up enough. It's super close but not quite. I have always just pressed the piston back in with a pair of channel locks. The pads are power stops if it matters. I don't have the box that the rotors came in.

I had that problem with EBC brakes on my truck, the rear went on no problem the front on the other hand would not go. I had to shave a little off the backing plate to get them on.

If the caliper is hard to push back then it's probably bad.

On my cobra front calipers the brake hose bolt was too long causing the piston to not go back all the way.

OEM refurbished calipers are cheap. I've got a couple coming my way. I'm working on getting the intake cleaned up and ready to put back on. I've also got a new heater core and A.C. evaporator that I need to put in. I'm not looking forward to dropping the dash and prying apart the heater box.