There are still deals to be found out there

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Just as an interesting note, there are still deals out there if you look long enough. My friend just picked up a 1988 5.0 coupe from the original owner. The owner, an older guy had put a GT40 crate engine in the car a few years ago. Car is totally rust free and the interior is VERY nice! My friend saw him driving the car and he followed him home. The guy was wanting to sell it but didn't really know how to use craigslist etc.

giesDM.jpg

DNrTUv.jpg

4k.....

Last edited:
  • Surprised
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn man! What a score! Looks like my old coupe. It was full of rust, sold it to a guy that was going to fix it. Drove up from Dallas and drove it home. He was supposed to keep me updated on his progress. He never did.

Got mine for $400. 93 coupe 2.3, 5 speed. It remains a 2.3 as well but it runs now.

About $900 total invested including the engine work (it is now a 2.3T). Tried to sell it a half dozen times, but it needs paint/body. Two things going against it. 2.3 and paint/body. Nobody wants it for what I was asking, so you ya know what? I'll keep it and drive it until the pigs begin to fly. Cheaper than a new one!

Oh wait I had to put $40 into it the other day. Bought some seats out of a 2008 or 09 Mustang and put those in.

Reactions: 1 user
Ihj72Q.jpg

49FNAS.jpg

yCIY1W.jpg

WAPgG6.jpg

DEOuWZ.jpg

CsE4IG.jpg

XrfkjD.jpg

RRWqdx.jpg

NJYkmQ.jpg

And some might remember we talked a while ago about what the little spring thing was on the lug wrench? I said it held the stock wheel locks. Well lookie here....amazing.

Fb13BR.jpg

Attachments

• WAPgG6.jpg
    WAPgG6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
I had a set of those wheels and sold em with my 88 vert about 5 years ago. Seemed like every fox had them those wheels years back. I had them on my car for years so I was kinda bored with em. They are starting to grow on me again.

And some might remember we talked a while ago about what the little spring thing was on the lug wrench? I said it held the stock wheel locks. Well lookie here....amazing.

Always wondered what that spring was for.

AOD and no cruise? That's a rare combo. That's how my car came configured and i've never seen another one like it.

Reactions: 1 user
No filler. The seller gave boxes of parts including the side moldings and windshield and rear window trim. Yes its a factory 5.0. car. The engine is a GT40 crate engine with the x306 aluminum heads and e cam.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users