Thermactor air system fault

• Sponsors (?)

Likely you have a broken or missing vacuum hose going to the AIR system. These are the components on the hoses leading from the smog pump to the H-pipe on the passenger side of the engine bay.

Likely you have a broken or missing vacuum hose going to the AIR system. These are the components on the hoses leading from the smog pump to the H-pipe on the passenger side of the engine bay.

This ?

6056_132489671398_629076398_3615647_4569564_n.jpg

the actuall solenoids are in the passenger side fender. If you don't have a bad line one of those could be bad, very unlikely though.

Thanks

Yup, that's where the lines come in from the fender. Two of those cheap plastic lines lead to the AIR system parts right in that area; the other two lead under the intake. One of those two hooks up to the manifold (to provide the vacuum), and the other hooks up to the EGR right next to it.

Yeah, I always suspected that something was wrong with this vacuum harness. I always hear a constant "pshhhhh" in that area. Since the plug is pretty close from the motor oil entry I know the harness if very oil'ish and therefore probably leaking. I'll clean it with brake cleaner and put some silicone to seal it or any other mechanic tricks to seal that area ?

Thanks

Yeah, I always suspected that something was wrong with this vacuum harness. I always hear a constant "pshhhhh" in that area. Since the plug is pretty close from the motor oil entry I know the harness if very oil'ish and therefore probably leaking. I'll clean it with brake cleaner and put some silicone to seal it or any other mechanic tricks to seal that area ?

Thanks

Nope, that's about it. Be careful with the plastic lines, they get brittle over time.