Thermostat Temp

What would be the best solution to a fully functioning cooling system with all new parts that crips up to 230° on a hot day?

I will add that with the 180° the temps flactuate between 180 and 200 , so it does reach normal operating temperatures. It just doesn't get frickin hot like with the 192

My .02 ..Carry on.

• Sponsors (?)

What would be the best solution to a fully functioning cooling system with all new parts that crips up to 230° on a hot day?

I will add that with the 180° the temps flactuate between 180 and 200 , so it does reach normal operating temperatures. It just doesn't get frickin hot like with the 192

My .02 ..Carry on.

A bigger or more efficient radiator and a fan or fans that move more air.

My .02 ..Carry on.
Whether or not your cooling system is fully functioning is relevant only up to the point of what extra burden was added to it, and if it's stock.

Adding components that make extra power, make extra heat. The aftermarket sells radiators to address that.
Mishimoto is one of them.
It's not uncommon for several folks here to have cooling issues with the stock system,..especially after making performance upgrades that either raise engine temps, or engine compartment temps like a set of headers will.
The path that most here have to walk involves an upgrade to the cooling system as soon as the typical H.C.I. mod is made. That would be a new, aluminum radiator, and a good shrouded cooling fan,..whether that be the clutch fan, or one of the accepted mods like a Taurus/contour electric fan.

Reactions: 1 user
A bigger or more efficient radiator and a fan or fans that move more air.

I'm running a three core mishimoto, new fan blades, fan-clutch, silicone hoses, and the 180 stat. It's all good now.

20160909_180206_zpszgzkzglf.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I put a Motorcraft 192 degree tstat in last night. A little trial and error getting the elec fan setting just right. I've got fan set to come on at just above 200.

I'm going to wire a small faint orange led in the knee panel. I'll have it light up when the fan is running. Actually I want to know when the fan is not running, for instance if the temperature starts climbing and the light isn't on, I'll know to check the fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users