Think I'm going to have to turn down option to buy Shelby Cobra kit car.

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
Friend of the family has built a nice Cobra replica. It has a few issues with the new rear disk brakes, and needs a lot of finishing and then painting, but otherwise its all set. Practically never driven. He has 20k in it plus SO MUCH WORK and he did a great job. It has a 5.0 that sounds fierce.

He was kind enough to offer it to me before going elsewhere. 16k ish. What do you think?:shrug:

I thought about it, but up here the winters are rough and my current car goes in the garage for 4-5 months. I'd either have to sell my GT, or store them both. It just isnt practical to have both.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ditch the GT, buy a ****box as a beater and buy the Cobra. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has a Mustang, but how many are running around in the king of all roadsters....even if it is a replica?

Actually I dont even need a beater - I have too many cars already... I drive my 525i if the weather isnt great, but I just cant imagine selling my GT... even though it an auto (which I plan on spending $$$$ on to replace with a T56). I could give my wife my GT, but winter is still really silly having two cars stored.:(