Think I'm gonna put an Eaton on my car

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
There's a guy on Corral that makes several kits to install an Eaton M112 out of an 03/04 Cobra on a 5.0. So far a few people have installed them and put some miles on them with success.

I've been in contact with him and as soon as my taxes come in I'm going to get the kit. I'll end up using meth injection to cool it under boost since his on top kit leaves no room for any kind of intercooler setup.

I'll do a build up thread when the time comes. I'm also thinking about changing the color of my car to yellow. I think yellow with a black top and black leather interior will look nice.

Here's a link to the thread, I think it's very innovative! I can't believe there hasn't been a company that has tackled this yet. http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1251243-cobra-eaton-5-0-a.html

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, I think I can live with the little bit of the blower coming through the hood. I think I might be able to make a scoop that can cover it giving the design of my hood. It'll be like the normal new edge scoop but come down a little further.

space your k member down an inch and with the pulley alignment being better for sn95 you might not need to do anything

You are correct that the accessory pulleys are closer to the block on SN95's, however, the engine is also positioned 3/4" forward from where the Fox engines were. So it kinda cancels out. The good thing is we won't have the adapter plate so close to the firewall like the Fox kits do.

I'm going to keep the Edelbrock lower because Joey says it actually sits slightly lower than the GT40 because the eddy lower doesn't require a spacer. I can still sell the upper since it's polished and offset some of the cost. I will likely hold on to the eddy upper in case this whole thing doesn't work out like I hope.

Since you do polishing, powder coating, etc. for a living I hope your's will visually look nicer under the hood vs. the one in that link. I've read all those links and even the LTD thread with over 50,000 views on the M112 home fab set up.

Since you do polishing, powder coating, etc. for a living I hope your's will visually look nicer under the hood vs. the one in that link. I've read all those links and even the LTD thread with over 50,000 views on the M112 home fab set up.

Oh yes, mine is going to have to be show quality. And for some reason in a lot of those videos there's an exhaust leak that really takes away from the whole thing. Mine is going to look so nice that I'm betting Joey will want to use it as an advertising model!

Oh yes, mine is going to have to be show quality. And for some reason in a lot of those videos there's an exhaust leak that really takes away from the whole thing. Mine is going to look so nice that I'm betting Joey will want to use it as an advertising model!

Excellente, I figured as much. Why not go fast and look good doing it, that's what I always say. That and Wang Chung Tonight!

Not to hurt the guys feelings, but I think his kit looks like absolute :poo:.. He could at least find someone who knows how to weld. I've been following it for sometime and trying not to say anything about it

Reactions: 1 user
Not to hurt the guys feelings, but I think his kit looks like absolute ****.. He could at least find someone who knows how to weld. I've been following it for sometime and trying not to say anything about it

+1. That is atrocious. You said he improved the kit, do you have any pictures of the new setup.

Kurt

First of all, you guys are knocking a TEST MULE!! When you're in the R&D stage of creating something, you don't give a crap what it looks like. His goal was to create something that works.

That being said, this guy is working on trying to get the blower as low in the bay as possible because people have been harping on him to do so. He hasn't had the time to make it look "pretty".

In this thread: http://forums.corral.net/forums/mem...9-ssp-leftover-build-m112-offset-adapter.html you can see that the supercharger is sitting lower and is starting to look like it was made for the car.

He always welcomes constructive criticism but please don't bash a guy for trying. He can make the adapters out of aluminum which it cool because they can be polished and would look sweet. Matter of fact I might lay down the extra coin and have him make me a set out of aluminum. When I do mine, trust me it will look sweet!

And you can't tell me that the KB blowers look like they belong on our cars either. Those things look hideous and if not for the painted/polished and clean parts on those kits, they'd be in the same boat. Also remember we're talking about a guy building these kits on his own in his garage, not some multi million dollar machine shop with unlimited resources. Give it time, these kits will evolve into something great!

And you can't tell me that the KB blowers look like they belong on our cars either. Those things look hideous and if not for the painted/polished and clean parts on those kits, they'd be in the same boat. Also remember we're talking about a guy building these kits on his own in his garage, not some multi million dollar machine shop with unlimited resources. Give it time, these kits will evolve into something great!

You are right.. The Kenne Bell kit for 5.0's is an absolute joke as well, which is why 99% of pushrod blower cars are centrifiguls. Second, the eaton generates quite a bit of heat as well, and it's not intercooled.. The KB kits were only good to about 6 psi without ridiculous amounts of retard or loads of meth, and the Eaton will be even hotter.

I didn't knock the guy for trying, which is why I haven't said anything in his thread, because that would be rude, BUT, there is a good reason no one runs an eaton on our cars. You will probably have at least $1500 into this kit by the time it runs, with a used blower, and you could have a far superior Vortech for the same price..

You can argue about low end power, but I can destroy my 315's at part throttle in 2nd gear.. How much more low end do you want?

And I can GUARANTEE you, you line up 2 stock mustangs, one with the heaton and one with a vortech running the same boost, and the Centri car will destroy the heaton in the 1/4

Well, what makes your entire response meaningless is that my car is NOT a race car. It's a daily driven street car and will never see the track, so the "heaton" as you call it will be just fine.

I've owned an S trimmed car and even with getting a good deal on a complete kit for 2 grand, I still had to buy all the supporting hardware and get a tune which put me over 3 grand. This is a cool little project and it's not intended to compete with competition systems, it's more of a novelty than anything else.

And by the way, tell an 03/04 Cobra with a Kenne Bell strapped to it that a 5.0 with a S trim poses a threat to it! Better yet, tell it to this guy:

1500 for a vortech kit?? ill give you 100$ right now if you find a complete kit, and im sorry a car running the vortech kit with 8lbs of boost vs the eaton running 8lbs is not going to kill it, and if you got traction the eaton will kill the vortech on the street on every run!!!!!, you get boost at 3500 rpm with the vortech , you get boost off idle with a roots/wipple/screw type blower, so lets compare you get 8lbs of boost between 3500-6000 rpm or 8lbs of boost between 1500-5500. and you dont need gears to run the eaton, and im sorry its just like anything you polish/powdercoat the eaton setup and pulleys and i believe it looks better then some hunk of :poo: sitting in front of your alternator making everything a bitch to get at because its in the way of everything, i will go out on a limb and say on a street car the eaton will perform better and be alot more fun and not to mention when you pop the hood at a show it wont look like every other mustang there,, i will have no problems running 15lbs of boost on this setup with a meth kit and still be less then half what a vortech kit costs and have no problem splitting my 5.0 right down the middle if needed.