Think your msitake is bad? THE BIGGEST IDIOT MISTAKE OF ALL TIME!!!

yeah TB is throttle body. coolant runs thru the EGR plate behind the TB but if you mess up the gaskets it can get into the TB.the lines that hold the coolant are at the top of the EGR plate.

• Sponsors (?)

I took my Altima to a shop for tires. They had a big window so you could watch the mechanics work. I watched them pull my car in, and then I watched the guy remove the lug nuts from my hub caps. He broke all five of them off before he stopped and scratched his head. Guy had to buy a 90 dollar hub cap. I quickly cancelled the oil change I had scheduled for my wifes car the next day.

i drove around with a hammer and a socket under my hood for a week :bang:

also put about 10 cds in the side pockets on the door. after a few weeks the door was really hard to close and i thought i was gonna have to fix sumthin. after a few mins of looking i figured out that all the cds had fallen below the door line due to the saggy pocket and broke all the cds. and here i thought i was gonna get new hinges. oh well

Here's a good one...

I know this guy that was working on a 197X caddy. The guy that owned this car treated it like it was his own child so he liked it a lot. Anyways this guy was putting in new engine mounts for the owner. He got done and the owner went to check out his work. SO he was wrapping out the motor to show that it was solid and then it slipped into gear :doh: then ran into something and smashed the front end.

ANOTHER,

A friend of mine was changing the exhaust on his 90 GT rather than taking off the wheel and removing the pipes that have the mufflers on them he cut them (along with the rubber mounts). :lol:

Originally posted by 93 teal terror
i drove around with a hammer and a socket under my hood for a week :bang:

I'm sure we've ALL done that!

Along with the times I've closed my hood on scissors, pliers, screwdrivers, etc that were laying on the radiator support and not found them there til a week later, I've also lost at least 3-4 sockets in my engine bay (I remember having one fall into some hollow crossmember, and I lost one somewhere around the intake....never did figure out what happened to that one)

yes, but have you ever left a ratchet with the socket facing up and close the hood on it? :doh: leave a little dent that pokes upo from your hood :damnit:

Well, you guys make me feel pretty stupid so I'll keep this short. Wife's '92 Exploder detonates all the time and I was on a Exploder site looking for advice or ideas. Seems the intake gaskets suck allowing oil to seap into the intake ports and a way to test is to run a trickle of water though the motor to clean the sludge out of the chambers. So I took a Coke can and filled it with water and pulled one of the vacuum lines off of the upper intake. Slowly siphoned two cans through the engine with it running at 3500rpm. Make a big brown smoky mess and I felt really good. Hopped out of the truck to pull the line off and the door went shut causing the truck to shake. I guess water was built up in the upper and it flooded down into the chambers at idle. Sounded like a diesel for a few seconds and then the rod knock started and the radiator cap let go. Needless to say, $500 motor for a $45 gasket, and I decided to replace it on the new motor anyway.

Another stupid occured when I put subframe connectors on Perky's old '87 T top and I welded the seat studs to the crossbrace. Found out later that they were bolts...

Jamie

My sister did the oil cap thing twice...

Get ready to kringe on this one:puke:

Went the track today, last day of the season here and only got this one run in.

Anayway, had a good run until....I red-lined 3rd gear, and somehow my stupid a$$ mistook 2nd for 4th! That's right I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th...

The rear wheels started hopping... Good thing I was not powershifting, I cought it just as it hit the 6000 limiter thank god!

Talk about stupid! Top that...:damnit:

Oh yeah, I ran a 14.7 @94mph on that run!:bang:

The wife was pressuring me to hurry an oil change on my F150 so we could go somewhere - blah, blah, blah hurry up blah etc.

So I left the oil filter off :damnit:

Started it up and pumped 6 quarts of oil onto the garage floor LOL....

I sent her out for 6 more quarts of oil after I finished a serious round of cussing, and she was nice the rest of the night.

:lol:

Some years ago I worked for a company installing aftermarket cruise controls. We all hated to do a Honda because they had 100+ vacuum hoses everyplace. Well in the kit the directions showed to take the vacuum hoses with a red stripe and a purple stripe and tee them together and use that vacuum source for the vacuum pull on the cruise. So I installed everything inside the car and tested with a tester and it passed, so I started on the under the hood installation. Completed it and started the car to build vacuum hooked up the tester for the engine test and what should happen is it would raise the idle a couple of rpms and drop to show the cable was pulling the throttle and the vacuum was working. Well you can just guess what happen next. I pushed the button the car revs to about 10,000 rpm screams like a weed wacker on nitrous and shuts off on its own before I could hit the key. I fixed the problem(wrong vacuum hoses found a dozen with a red stripe and purple.) Well I went to lunch figuring I would see if it started and test again. I am at lunch my boss takes the work order and closes the hood. The customer comes and pays for the job and starts the car, at the roach coach about a dozen of us hear this load engine screaming then a big back fire and a loud crash. The customer started the car put it in reverse it revved to forever land and crashed thru the waiting room and took out a row of seats a restroom and a service counter. Nobody got hurt but what a mess. We stopped installing those kits on Honda

One of my best friends worked at an oil change place. One of his coworkers was pulling a customer's truck into one of the bays for an oil change. He managed to misjudge the wheelbase or something and drove right into the pit. They were luckily able to put it into 4wd and drive out with out any harm to the truck.

Originally posted by VinnySVO
Anyone ever snap the heads off the fuel rail bolts?

I did this to one of the bolts on the pass. side of the fuel rail. Snapped the head right off, this isn't the best part either lol. I left it like this for awhile it was fine i had changed the injectors to 30lbers an was running the fuel psi pretty low. But had problems with the 30lbers so i decided to take them off an put my 19's back in there for the time being cuz i had some 24lb ones on order. So i'm think damn i should crank the fuel pressure up alittle cuz there 19's aren't going to cut it, well i crank it up from about 30 to 45psi. Perfect the car's running good not to rich or nothing, so i decide i'll take it out an hammer on it see how good it's going to do. Get out on the road just giving it hell, it's running great turn onto another back road an hammer it again only this time i smell gas not just alittle i smell it like there's a 5gallon can spilled in the car or something. So i turn off an jump out an pop the hood an check it out (the car is still running too) i peek under the intake where the back pass. bolt i had broke off on the fuel rail and i see that the rail had completely popped off the top of not one injector but two of them an gas was pouring all over everything damn near on fire it was smoking, i shut if off quickly an towed it home. How i didn't blow myself up that day i will never know. I tapped a new hole an now have a big ass bolt in there lol.

Originally posted by Slow LX
My sister did the oil cap thing twice...

Get ready to kringe on this one:puke:

Anayway, had a good run until....I red-lined 3rd gear, and somehow my stupid a$$ mistook 2nd for 4th! That's right I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th...

Hey i done that too lol not once but TWICE!!! only mine i was just messin around going to work in third 5500rpms pretty much powershifting to 4th an i know it felt funny but my dumbass still let off the clutch an i hear the LOUDEST sound my rearend has ever made along with a few other not so good noises but it still ran fine scared the living crap outta me i seen the life of my rearend flash before my eyes. i'm just glad to see i'm not the only one that's done this.

are you talking when you dont put it in gear all the way and you gas it hard then hear this loud BANG when your tranny falls out of gear under load?

Originally posted by Slow LX

The rear wheels started hopping... Good thing I was not powershifting, I cought it just as it hit the 6000 limiter thank god!

I was in my buddies Viper doing 75 on the highway. He wanted me to run it up a bit. So I put it in third I thought, rev match and let the clutch out. The damn thing hit 7000 before I got the clutch in. So I took it out of FIRST and selected third and took off. So I had a bit of a miss shift I guess you could say. My friend said 'whatever as long as it still runs fine'.
I still can't figure out how I got first so easily. No synchro wine or anything. And he still lets me drive the car.