Think your msitake is bad? THE BIGGEST IDIOT MISTAKE OF ALL TIME!!!

Top This....

I was adjusting my timing and I was being lazy, so instead of turning the car off I tried tightening the distributor bolt with the car running :nono: . Well SOMEHOW the wrench got caught on the belt and then my HAND got caught on the belt and went through the A/C pulley and around to the P/S pulley but the belt popped off before my hand went through the P/S pulley. I couldnt feel my 4 fingers for about 30secs... I thought they were broke!! I took my glove off and literally watch the fingures swell up.... my hand looked like a winter glove, it was so swollen. Imagine slamming your fingers in the door and having that pain last ALL day and It got intenser (is that a word) when I put ice on it. It hurt so bad I felt the pain all the way in my heart!! :doh:

• Sponsors (?)

ok a couple of weeks ago i replaced my engine mounts and when i did that i moved my fan shroud so i could lift up on the eingine well i forgot to tighten it back up after i was done and bam!! a million little plastic pieces of fan goes flying everywhere, because my fan hit the shroud. i'm so glad i didn't have my head under the hood when the thing started moving. :D

hahahah...nothing like stangnet for some laughter. I'm still picturing someones hand going around the pullies in the motor:lol:

for the last 15 minutes my girlfriends been stairing at me like im a crazed freak...you guys crack me up.:jester:

lmao i was getting something to eat a resturant and this local pothead pulls up he, came to beg someone 18 or older to buy him smokes, anyway his dog is inside and he gets out and finds someone a dishwasher in back and they get out front and he locked his keys in the car haha and his dog is sitting there stairing at him and this pothead is fricking telling the dog to open the door haha i was cracking up lmao

A little over a year ago my brother was working at a Ford dealership as a mechanic. One day hes minding his own business doing an oil change or something. All of the sudden he hears something like a gunshot going off in the shop. Turns out that one of the other guys put an Expedition up on the lift and then decided to open up the back lift gate. Anyway the glass hit one of the beams in the ceiling and pretty much exploded.
Another was when I was working at a body shop. I had to take the dash out of some lady's Celica because the car sat for a while and the air stank whenever she turned the heat on. Well in this car I had to take the dash out just to get to the heater box. I finally get in there and as it turns out a mouse crawled up on top of the panel that opens and closes the vent. I could see the marks where the mouse was trying to chew through. When the lady got into the car after letting it sit she turned on the fan and then opened up the vent. The mouse dropped straight in and got shredded. Boy was that a b**** to scrub out.
Oh yeah when I put all of the dash back together I had a few nuts and bolts left over. ( :nono: Oops!!) But everything still worked so its all good.

Originally posted by Mr.E
My stepfather brought his brand new van in for it's first oil change. They put it up on the lift and it did a face plant onto the garage floor.

yet antoher advantage of a chasis lift compared to a wheel lift.....

Originally posted by Blue9050

Another was when I was working at a body shop. I had to take the dash out of some lady's Celica because the car sat for a while and the air stank whenever she turned the heat on. Well in this car I had to take the dash out just to get to the heater box. I finally get in there and as it turns out a mouse crawled up on top of the panel that opens and closes the vent. I could see the marks where the mouse was trying to chew through. When the lady got into the car after letting it sit she turned on the fan and then opened up the vent. The mouse dropped straight in and got shredded. Boy was that a b**** to scrub out.

Man, around here a car doesn't even have to sit to have that problem! My car has a couple nutshells rolling around in the blower motor, and in my dad's old car ('88 Reliant), some chipmunks or squirrels got into the blower motor box and made a nest in there, and filled it up with so much junk that the car woudln't even blow air through the vents anymore. We had to pull the front panel off the blower and pull all that crap out of there.

I have to add a round two for my friends bad luck. Put a '68 Montgeo Vert on the chassis lift running in nuetral with the E brake on to check for exhaust leaks. Dropped into gear and bent all of his straight exhaust pipe stock when it went off the end nose first.

Then a few months later he had his personal very nice '82 Chevy truck in the frame lift and while putting it up to work on the tranny, one side of the lift collapsed and his trucks passenger side was sitting on the floor between the posts. They had to pull it out from between the posts on it's side and it got away from them and flipped onto it's roof and then got caught on the garage door too. Basicly destroyed the trucks body and bed. He about cried.

Jamie

I had been having ignition problems, but was still driving the car...

Came up to a light in the fast lane on a 3 lane road, a black ram air T/A in the slow lane, nobody in the middle. I decide to do a burnout jyst to show off. Well, I hit the gas a little hard, and my rear end lifted up, then the tires broke loose, then the car backfired and blue flames about 5 feet long came out my side exhausts. the T/A driver and his girl were staring :eek: and the driver asked if I had a Boss 429. I said, nope its just a 5.0. He said "I'll never rag on 5.0s again!"

:lol:

here is the best. one day, working on my 86gt doing an oil change. My cousin pulls up with is 92 mit. eclipse. he wanted an oil change and he couldn't wait. I said ok. he said he has onle 4 minutes . so I went under his car, did a real, real quick job and sent him on his way. around the corner, his car started smoking like a forest fire from LA. guess what. i drained his transmission fluid and dumped an extra 4.5 quarts of oil into his car. 1.5 hours later with new transmission fluid and oil change he went away blue in the face.:p :jester: :doh: :lol:

#1. a friend of mine just got a 93 deville and had the people he bought it from change the oil. he got the car and noticed it was leaking oil. not much but enough for concern. he also mentioned that it was harder to start after they changed the oil. i take a look at it and the oil is almost empty. didnt make sense when there where only a few spots on the ground. i check his other fluids and his transmission fluid was way too full and black. the oil leak was caused by a loose bolt on his oil pan and the morons who sold him the car put the oil in his trans resevoir.

#2. we had a rental car and figured we'd have some fun with it. we are driving around hitting speed bumps and dips at 50mph and hitting the ebrake when out of nowhere it started smoking. we go back to his house and pop the hood. engine had burnt oil all over and the oil fill cap was just sittiing there upside down.

#3. i am working as a mechanic at a go-cart track right now and i was welding a break on one of the frames. had the car up on its side and was welding away. after a few seconds my left shoulder feels pretty hot. thought it was coming from the weld or something but when i look over through the hood and all i see is green. flip off the hood and see a wall of fire. me and my partner grab the extinguishers and create a clowd of white around the track. i look at it and gas was leaking out of the tank all over the ground. i always take the motor off when welding the frames now :nice:

I was tellin my buddies about this thread and they have a couple for you.
First my buddy took his car to Sears to have new tires put on. A day later he got it back and when he went to pull out of the lot the left front weel just falls off. He was pissed. Luckily it didn't f*** anything up though.
Another one of my buddies was working at a Toyota dealership. He had to take the gas tank out of a Celica. He got three of the bolt out of the mounts but couldnt seem to get the fourth. Without thinking he got the torch out to heat it up. Well he blew up the gas tank, blew a hole in the hatch area, and blew the glass out of the hatch. Not to mention almost killing himself in the process.
Last was another friend driving down the road with his girlfriend. She decided to give her man a "little help." Well as he was finishing he looked up for a second and ran into a tree. She knocked her head against the dash and got knocked out. Put her in the hospital for almost a week.
Maybe more later but all my friends have some great stories.

one time there was this kid he was like 17 at the time, he had the motor running and he was under the hood. well he was fiddilin wit sumptin when BLAP!! a screw driver on the fan shroud hit da fan and his eye. now he gots 1 eye
damn shame:(

Originally posted by droptopcobra
now all i need is a title for my F up instead of "super stanger"

thats odd...I have been a super stanger for ever and I thought that was the end all be all. I like that better than yours anyway. :cool:

edit: that would be a "super stallion" ... actually