Think your msitake is bad? THE BIGGEST IDIOT MISTAKE OF ALL TIME!!!

Heres a lesson to you all, If you drop something, dont start your engine untill you find it, I was putting my valve covers on with out the lower intake on and i was doin the studds for the valve cover easy twist off things, and it fell outa my fingers and went down somewere......it was getting dark out so it was hard to see. so i looked under the car and didnt see it, so i assumed it feel down on the cross member or down on the drive way and rolled down. Well an hour later I found out were it was, and i was pretty pissed, it was in cyclinder 5, in my motor that wouldnt turn over anymore..That wasnt fun, luckily my pops had a 92 mark VIII motor that we cleaned up and put in.

• Sponsors (?)

Originally posted by 87gn
I had been having ignition problems, but was still driving the car...

Came up to a light in the fast lane on a 3 lane road, a black ram air T/A in the slow lane, nobody in the middle. I decide to do a burnout jyst to show off. Well, I hit the gas a little hard, and my rear end lifted up, then the tires broke loose, then the car backfired and blue flames about 5 feet long came out my side exhausts. the T/A driver and his girl were staring :eek: and the driver asked if I had a Boss 429. I said, nope its just a 5.0. He said "I'll never rag on 5.0s again!"

:lol:

ROFL!!!!
Thats absolutly helarious!! :lol:

man, i read the lasts post ( i thought) post a reply, and wham, 6 more between the last one i read and my reply, i love this post, keeps me laughing... not the eye one though, that is a shame.;)

Hmm, somebody is playing dirty tricks on me.

i do that all the time, 69Mach1obsessed. alot of my front end wieght is probably crap that fell down into my crossmember and motor mounts. i know for a fact that there are 2 plugs in my passenger side motor mount :doh:

Heres another I forgot to tell you guys. About 4yrs ago (before I knew ANYTHING about a car, and didnt even know how to drive) I "borrowed" my fathers Lincoln and went to the mall. I came back out at tried to start it and the battery charge was VERY weak and it wouldnt start. So Im about to piss in my pants. I asked a lady in a mini van if she had any jumping cables... she had just bought the van and had temp tags in it. She said "yea I have some, you know what your doing"? I say yea and hook everything up. She started her van and I tried starting the Lincoln and about 10-15secs into it I see blue/white smoke coming from the hood so I jump out and shes like "whats going on" and I was like I dont know... the jumper cables started melting and I pulled the terminals loose, burning my hand in the process. I had the terminals all screwed up... positive on negative... lol. But I eventually got it started with the help of the mall security!!

speaking of battery jumping...my dad told me that one time he was getting a jump from someone and in the process fused his door to the other vehicle. i dont know if its true but whenever i jump i make sure all the doors are closed.

Originally posted by derf
speaking of battery jumping...my dad told me that one time he was getting a jump from someone and in the process fused his door to the other vehicle. i dont know if its true but whenever i jump i make sure all the doors are closed.

i think your dad is pulling one over you..........i have a very bad habbit of cleaning my battery posts a lot. the problem is almost every time i'll be tightning the pos. cable and the wrench will touch the neg. terminal and shock the piss out of me.

i also locked my keyes in the car with it running one morning. i was running late anyway so i just pulled the hood pins and popped the hood. without thinking i leaned over(thigh snuggly against the fender) and pulled off the coil wire. the car died and i was treated to a numb right hand from the shock. i went to work in my grandfather's truck buti was useless atbecause i couldn't use a mouse for the first 30 minutes

Originally posted by Daytrip
i think your dad is pulling one over you..........i have a very bad habbit of cleaning my battery posts a lot. the problem is almost every time i'll be tightning the pos. cable and the wrench will touch the neg. terminal and shock the piss out of me.

:lol: i do that almost everytime i am changing the sparkplugs on my drivers side. Then last month when i parked the car i was taking the battery cables loose so it wouldn't drain my battery from it sitting for months, well i get it all loose an i lay the wrench down on the pos. post an then it falls right on the coil :eek: talk about scaring the piss outta myself the car lounges foward as it's trying to start. Luckily the wrench just fell off the car an i was left standing there with that wtf just happen'd look on my face :D

coolest thing I have seen.

when I was in the Air Force we had a vehicle called a Tug (basically a jeep made to tow stuff) anyway we were doing the morning walk around and it was pretty cold outside the guy that was helping me grabbed the oil dipstick to read it, well he dropped it and the loop of the dipstick fell over the positive term of the battery and the other end welded itself to the exhaust manifold then it started glowing white until it melted in half

I have one for you guys. When I first bought my car, it was close to needing an oil change (luckily they left the sticker on the window to tell me that). I decided to do the oil change myself (no big deal right). Well this was my first Ford every buying and didnt know my car had two drain plugs. Well I unbolted the top one, let about 1/2 quart out but that was it. I was like wtf?! Well to this day I dont know why I didnt see the other one but I was like alright then. I put the drain plug back in, put the oil filter on, and filled my car with 5 quarts. Well I'm surprised I didnt blow oil out of my mufflers. I had 9+ quarts of oil in my car! OOPS! :doh:

friend burns face

I first have to say that this does not have anything to do with actually working on a vehicle itself, but it did happen in the back of a truck. Me, my freind, and my girlfreind had just got back from a trip to oklahoma to visit her family and we had some of the stuff we took with us on the trip double bagged in some black trash bags. So we were trying to get it opened so we could seperate everything and we were having a hard time .So im lookin in my pokets for a car key or somthin and he whips out his cigaret lighter thinking he'll just burn a small hole in the plastic to get it started.As soon as i saw the lighter i knew what he was thinking and that it wasnt smart.At the same time I aslo noticed that the bag looked just a little to much like a ballon.(inflated). I asked him"hey man are u sure thats a good..." "no man i got it, i got it"
So then he leans his face down as close as he can to the spot where hes trying to bun a hole in the bag.WHOOSH! a big flame comes out of the hole and engulfs his face, buning off all his eyelashes off and some of his eyebrow.He had a big red spot on his face for days.Turned out some arosol can had been leaking in the bag for the last six hours.lmao.

you always know to be scared when working with fire or something explosive and you hear "no man, i got it". when i hear that i just... :spot:

Originally posted by 69Mach1obsessed
Heres a lesson to you all, If you drop something, dont start your engine untill you find it.

:doh: while putting a new head gasket in my truck i got the o/h cam unbolted and started to lift the valvetrain off. About 0.5 seconds after i got it lifted all the hydraulic lifters started falling out of the rocker arms and bounced and rolled off everything they could find, almost as if they were trying to run away or something :rolleyes: Anyway, I found all of them exept for one! So I had to get a replacement, and i never did find the last one, i don't know if it's in/on the engine somewhere or not.

I got you ALL beat!!

I didn't witness this personally but here goes. My friend was fixing to put on a tubular K member one day on his lift. After the last bolt, the engine ripped itself down off of the tranny, tore the headers off the mid pipe and smashed onto the floor. I sense the story is true for the most part due to a massive amounts of cracks and a chunk of concrete missing from his garage floor! HAHAHA Good think he jumped out of the way before it fell. He said it practically ripped the last bolt out and it took just enough time to rip it out for him to dive to safety. Sucks for him though. Oh, he bought an engine lift the next day.

Well Im guilty of doing stupid stuff too. When I first got my 67 Olds Cutlass I decided to change the points distributor to an HEI (stock 330ci motor). Anyway, I finally got it done started the car and went for a ride down the block when suddenly the motor started making the loudest knock I ever heard, I had no idea what happened. Took it back home and decided to pull the heads off and inspect, and my hunch was right, a screw fell from my shirt pocket down the carb and it welded itself to one of the pistons and smacked my head up pretty good. After that I pulled the 330 and put in a worked 455 Olds, things were fun after that. Heres a pic of that car.