Thinking about losing the 4.10s and going w/ 4.30s

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
BTW get some vids after the gears...I want to see that crap sideways off into the other lane of traffic from 1st-3rd :nice:
ask and ye shall receive, oh leader of our club :hail2:

Wont be for a while though, looks like my pending job may have fell through (havent heard back, my interview was 1 week ago :( ) but I'll have my tax return coming and maybe then I'll get around to it. I do a lot of planning if you havent noticed, hehe. Ive probably got over $3k in things I plan to do by the end of the year, but in reality I might get half of what I want done. We'll see.

ahh, im not alone :D. I KNOW if I had an auto I could easily destroy traffic without anyone knowing I was trying.

But my problem is ONLY in 1st and a little in 2nd...once in 3rd I pull a few buss lengths on everyone with the same pressure applied to the pedal LOL.

helty said:
Thanks svt, I'll keep doing some searches and if need be, start a new thread strictly about differentials. :nice:
Honestly helty, if u r looking 4 every bit of performance for your car, get the 4:30's, but a switch from 4:10's may net u a .1 gain (1/4 mile) at best. Im not familiar with lockers so cant comment on them. I wish I had 4:30's and may switch to them in the near future. I know my next and final mods are heads/cams/headers/tune as I want to stay N/A.:nice:

big T said:
Honestly helty, if u r looking 4 every bit of performance for your car, get the 4:30's, but a switch from 4:10's may net u a .1 gain (1/4 mile) at best. Im not familiar with lockers so cant comment on them. I wish I had 4:30's and may switch to them in the near future. I know my next and final mods are heads/cams/headers/tune as I want to stay N/A.:nice:
thats what Im after too, N/A performance. I honestly dont mind the daily driving inconvniences that come with more radical preformance mods, or I wouldnt be considering the Locker at all, let alone the 4.30s.

But you make an excellent point, 4.30s wont be a huge difference for me. From the stock 3.27s to 4.10s I thought was a pretty moderate difference, but 4.10s to 4.30s, I dont think I'll notice much except on my time slips. Hey, even if it is only .1 off my ET, its still .1 off my ET :nice:

That locker will be a little uncomphortable....you will most likely still get some tire barking around corners (every once in a while), and there will be alot of clunking as the locker unlocks/locks when you go around corners. You will feel it...not just hear it.

Although its the BEST thing for traction, and provides the same hook as a full/mini spool...maybe an electric locker or auborn/eaton posi would be a better route for you. (btw I have a mini spool in the 66...its not TOO bad. Especially since the DRs dont bark...but man you can feel it lol, definatly reduced the turning radious :lol: )

im far from sold on the locker. Id really like to ride on an 8.8" equipped with a locker. Probably end up going with FRPP trac-lok, but I like keeping my options open. afterall, I cant afford to do this more than once :)

hotmustang331 said:
ahh, im not alone :D. I KNOW if I had an auto I could easily destroy traffic without anyone knowing I was trying.

But my problem is ONLY in 1st and a little in 2nd...once in 3rd I pull a few buss lengths on everyone with the same pressure applied to the pedal LOL.
Man, I know what you mean. With the gears it's either all or nothing. A couple of weeks ago, I was driving behind a slow moving car. I followed this guy for a couple of miles. I was going about 30mph in second gear(don't remember the rpm's) just about to shift into 3rd. I decided to pass this guy so I punched it while still in second gear. I broke the tires loose pretty damn easy. The car started to go sideways before the traction control caught up. My car wouldn't do that before I got the gears. I love these 3.73's. I did loose some gas milage. This is the perfect all around gear. Pearl02.

helty said:
thats what Im after too, N/A performance. I honestly dont mind the daily driving inconvniences that come with more radical preformance mods, or I wouldnt be considering the Locker at all, let alone the 4.30s.

But you make an excellent point, 4.30s wont be a huge difference for me. From the stock 3.27s to 4.10s I thought was a pretty moderate difference, but 4.10s to 4.30s, I dont think I'll notice much except on my time slips. Hey, even if it is only .1 off my ET, its still .1 off my ET :nice:
I agree big time. I was initially going with the :30's, but thought i would be doing a KB upgrade so I went with the :10's. I use the car for police work and thought boost will kill my engine in a short time. I personally think that a 11 sec N/A car is the s--t!...Thats where I want to get to without boost.:D