Thinking about trading for a 5.0

monkeyflack

Feb 8, 2012
I got a Chally srt8 and iv been thinking about trading it and getting a auto 5.0 11-13 Stang..
So,i have a few questions for you guys

1.Hows the visibility in the stang? When i turn to look left/right there is a huge blind spot..I almost got hit a few times because of this..

2.Hows the auto tranny's holding up in this cars? Ill be getting 3.73 or 4.10 gears

3.My Chally has a 93oct/cai tune,180T-Stat,Straight pipe and im gussing im hitting close to the 400rwhp..How would the stage compare with the same setup?

4.Will the 13 Boss/Shelby have a option for a auto tranny?

5.Is there any difference in the 11,12 vs the 13 model coming out except for a 12hp/appearance bump?

6.How does the 5.0 fair vs the camao ss/Chally( Same mods,tune,cai,straight pipe) in terms of street racing? I know my Chally can take camaos ss,but never went agaisnt a 5.0

Thanks guys/gals

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard that the Challengers and Camaros have problems with blind spots and just seeing out of them. The 5.0 is probably average in terms of blind spots but, the outside mirrors are split with a convex on the outside. This does help if you set the mirrors properly. So, no real issues with vision IMO. I did have a problem with a motorcycle briefly once on the highway as his angle of attack getting on was stealth as I was moving over to the right lane. Caught it just in time. By the way, he was speeding.

As far as power to the wheels, my #s are listed below. As you can see I have it set up using stock dyno using 87 octane and using the performance tune (91). I have no other mod, just the tune. I would imagine with the 93 tune, It might approach 400 rwhp with just the tune. Can't say for sure as I have never loaded and dynoed it with the 93. This was done on a 'load bearing dyno' so, numbers will usually be higher using a standard dyno. I use a loadbearing dyno because it is close to true numbers.

I have a 6sp manual tranny in mine so, I can't comment on the autos but, have read they are holding up pretty good.

As far as 'street racing', I don't and do not recommend it. Take it to the track.

Edited to add: I do have a set of Borla's on it but, they do nothing to add power. Just makes the exhaust tone a bit louder as the stock set up is unusually quiet for a performance car.

I didn't even know what a Chally was. Took a bit of thinking to figure it out. I've beat a stock SRT8 Challenger at the track with my stock 12 GT w/6speed and 3.11 gears. About 3 car lengths back. I love the visibility compared to the Camaro/Challenger which is one of the factors that helped me with choosing the Mustang. Not to mention the price. I paid >27k for the Mustang.

My auto is holding up fine. Its a real lazy tranny with the stock tune, but load a Steeda tune and she'll get real sideways, real quick on the 1-2 shift. When conditions are perfect, it will squeak the 2-3 shift with 3.15 gears. From what I understand, adding 3.73's to an auto Stang will turn it into a different car. Its on my "to do" list for next summer.

The blind spot is there... but no worse than any other car I've drove.

Racing... I haven't been beat yet. :nice:

I honestly have no complaints on our car...

Thanks guys/gals :)
I found a 2012 gt,near st.louis, with 5miles on it for 30,7xx
Ill wait till the end of the month and see if i can one a lil lower

Do you live in STL? Reason I ask is, I bought mine from Expressway Ford just outside of Evansville, IN.... which isn't far from STL. Very nice folks! They didn't have what I wanted, the closest car that had everything we wanted was in Atlanta, GA.... they drove down and picked it up and no additional cost. They beat everyone elses deal too. The point is, if you can't find what you want, you might call them and see if they can find it for you. I can give you a name of our sales guy if you want, he was great during the whole process.

No sir
I live about 2hours 30min south of St.Louis(Out in the boonies),but i have no problem driving a little bit to get a good price/trade value :)
Ill take his name and if i cant find one around these parts, ill probably head that way (when i get on vaction)
Thank you :)

No sir
I live about 2hours 30min south of St.Louis(Out in the boonies),but i have no problem driving a little bit to get a good price/trade value :)
Ill take his name and if i cant find one around these parts, ill probably head that way (when i get on vaction)
Thank you :)

I'm like you, I'll drive a few miles for the right deal! His name is Denton Weiss, Expressway Fords number is 1.888.833.1218