Thinking of a new DD.

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
So as some of you may know I just inherited some land and a house with a Jeep. Its all up for sale and should go quickly for what I have it listed at.

I love my Mark VIII but shes old and who knows what might break. I want something under warrenty and with more power. I was thinking Jag XKR as I can get them for around 30K with low miles but then I thought about how expensive it will be to fix and insure and since I wanted to keep more money stashed away I ruled it out. I want to use some of the money for a big Whipple, meth injection, pro chamber, 3" cat back, level 5 halfshafts, injectors, pumps and a wide band for the Cobra. I want to be in the over 600 rwhp club :D :nice:

So I figure 25K for a new DD. I want more power then I have now (300hp), same or better mileage (21.5mpg), leather, auto (100miles every day) and good handeling. I was thinking 2000-2004 Vette but even with the adjustable suspension its not as comfertable as I would like it to be.

So I am open for suggestions. Right now I am 90% sure I want an 05-06 GTO. I just drove one for the first time today and really liked it. It was quiet and comfertable and had great acceleration. The seats were more comfertable then my Lincolns and the car had more room front and back. :eek:
The one i drove was a stick and its smoother then the Cobras so I could live with it for a DD but think I still want the auto :shrug:
Two things that I really didnt like was there is something in the back of the trunk that takes half the damn trunk. IDK what the hell it is :scratch: Mabey the stock subwoofer :shrug: But it really kills the trunk space and is definatly factory. The other thing is its exhaust sounded like crap :notnice: Not muscular or anything. Raspy and v-6 ish sounding. Cat backs for GTOs are over $900 and some are $2300 :eek: but I would have to replace that right away :nonono:

So if I get the cash in time I will get this one for $19,000 :nice: Unless someone can suggest something better.
1-11.jpg

2-8.jpg

View attachment 266594
View attachment 266595
3-4.jpg

I did see this when I pulled in and got a woody. Its a special edition 04 and is blue with silver stripes like my toy. IDK if I could live with it as a DD :shrug: Was only $26000 :eek:
1-10.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice Grand Prix! :nice:
:lol: Yeah, I was never too keen on their styling but like the room/power/seats it has for the price. I will not get a FWD car so dont say Honda but if you wanted a high performance RWD or AWD daily driver that has a good ride and big comfy seats for under $25,000 what would you get?

BTW, that was cute with my sig and all. :fuss: :rlaugh:

Could it be??? Nooo...yep it is! LaserSVT actually had GOOD LUCK! :hail2:

Go with the GTO...get the auto, throw in tuner (to firm the shifts) and throw on a magnaflow or spintech catback.

I personally took my buddies 06 GTO down the track...had full exhaust with spintech mufflers, CAI, and a tune. Car pulled hard and man I LOVED driving it. Very comfortable and the auto was amazing. VERY hard shifts @ WOT and nice and firm in normal driving.

I would take it as a DD in a second. Oh and it sounded GREAT....very very nice. IMO it was a tough call between it and my cobra!

My other buddy has magnaflow exhaust and it sounds VERY VERY close to a mustang....I can not tell his car apart from stangs on the street. And thats what he wanted as he had a S/C 98 GT beforehand. Sounds great!

Magnaflow huh? Gotta look that up. I was figuring Borlas cause they were fairly cheap compared to the others. But I see the Magnaflows can be had with a K&N CAI for $800 (thanks Bruce) and if it makes it sound like a Stang then thats cool :nice:
I will also use my Sniper to tune the car since I will sell the Lincoln. I would do long tubes but I dont want the car to be too loud. I may end up getting the underdrive pully and mabey the FAST plenum and larger t-body but thats it for mods. I will get better rotors, subframe connectors, better sway bars and springs but thats as far as I wana take it.... well except the wheels too, I hate the factory wheels. I want these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-19...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Honestly, dont get another ride and trade down if possible with the Lincoln for a gas saver. Im sure you think its crazy as youre talking about a vette or goat but you have a NICE stang, spend a little to get it where youre happy and get a 4banger for the weekdays and put the rest in a savingg account at the LEAST.

Honestly, dont get another ride and trade down if possible with the Lincoln for a gas saver. Im sure you think its crazy as youre talking about a vette or goat but you have a NICE stang, spend a little to get it where youre happy and get a 4banger for the weekdays and put the rest in a savingg account at the LEAST.
Read and discarded. :D

No lousy little POS DD for me. Thats just stupid, may as well just keep my Mark VIII. I will have the same ammount I spend on the car left over in savings plus some so :shrug: Thats why I want a GTO. Sure, I could go get a brand new C6 with an auto and call it a day but then I woulda spent everything I have after the late taxes and funeral costs and pay off my grandmothers truck and give her a few thousand and then give my father a few grand so he can go see my sister in Cali and do the mods he wants on the truck.

I am an adult male and am perfectly capeable of making rational decisions. I didnt ask for financial advice. I asked what might be a better high power comfertable RWD daily driver car with warrenty for under $25000.

kthnxbai

well laser, i think i may of found something for you. i found this on one of my other sites im part of and when i seen you were looking for a new dd with some potential and handling i found one for ya. I believe that it beats the Goat hands down!

Hey guys,
Need to sell pretty quickly now. It is a 1993 RSP painted TT Supra. It has 135,000 miles on the chassis CLEAN TITLE, BUT it has a new motor from Toyota (now with about 12k mikes) (have the receipts of the motor) also newly rebuilt turbos (about 10k) asking 21k OBO. AUTO call me at (714)420-6001 or email me at [email protected] ask for Sam
I HAVE MANY MANY MANY MORE PICS! Just let me know and i will send them to you.

Engine and Performance:
-New Toyota Long Block (Short Block + New Head)(12k)
-ARP Studs
-New Engine Wire Harness
-New OEM Gasket Kit, New Oil Pump
-New Water Pump, New Timing Belt
-New Tensioner
-New Idler
-New Thermostat
-New alternator
-New battery
-New Idler Controller
-Newly rebuilt Stock Turbos (10k miles)
-Blitz SBC ID III Boost controller
-Hybrid Front mount with all polished piping.
-RMM Down Pipe
-Greddy PE exhaust
-HKS Mega Flow Intake w/ blue filter and full custom polished piping
-Polished Turbo Pipes
-Polished Manifold Intake
-Polished Throttle Body
-Polished Valve Covers
-Polished Radiator Pipe
-Polished Water Neck
-Polished Radiator Panel
-Polished Vacuum Lines
-Greddy Radiator Cap
-Hose Techniques Jet Black/Blue Vacuum Hoses
-Polished Caps
-Greddy BCC
-Aluminum Racing Radiator
-Chromed Power Steering Reservoir
-TRD Oil Cap

Wheels and Tires:
-Volk TE37s Wheels 18x8.5(front) 18x9.5 (rear)
-BF Goodrich G-force T/A KDW, 235-40 (front) 275-35 (rear)
-Slotted Brake Rotors
-Stainless Steel Brake Lines
-Painted Red Brake Calipers
-Hawk Brake Pads

Suspension:
-KYB Adjustable Shocks
-Eibach Springs (Put Back Stock Ones)

Interior:
-97 Mint Front and Rear Tan Seats
-Dual Din Monitor
-Blue LEDs Conversion (cluster, Ac,odo, etc.)

Exterior:
-98 Rear Lights
-Front Lights Painted 98 Style
-Top Secret Front Bumper
-JDM Side Skirts (molded on the car)
- Veilside rear skirt (molded on the car)
-Newly Painted RSP color (looking fresh) everything is shaved and one pieced to the car

Works Perfectly 100%

Appearances:
Fast and the Furious 4
Street Racer (2008)
JDM Mag

new.jpg

new3.jpg

new2.jpg

HPIM0777.jpg

HPIM0781.jpg

HPIM0785.jpg

CNC.jpg

HPIM0867.jpg

HPIM0868.jpg

HPIM0869.jpg

HPIM0861.jpg

HPIM0862.jpg

HPIM0863.jpg

HPIM0864.jpg

HPIM0865.jpg
[/QUOTE]

2008 G8 GT, around 25k for a certified pre-owned model, meaning extend GM warranty 48month / 48,000mile warranty. Straigth from down under like the goat. Just nicer and newer. Same ponys though, 402hp. Looks a hell of alot nicer.

the g8 i drove at the autoshow was gutsy, i'll give it credit there... I want to try one thats been tuned with harder shifts or a manual one, only thing i could really feel was the weight but it was nice!!

Side story time!!!, aight, so it was me and and 4 other friends there at the GM driving experience, Everybody was in line for the G8 so there was a little bit of a wait, I was bored so me and 2 others went to a saab 9? turbo to kill some time. We got it out and going and i was redlight racing the thing a little bit, I started giving the girl (hottie!) from GM a hard time about it saying the boost needle was broken and i couldn't get it to move. Apparently she kinda figured out what i was doing and told me to do a neutral drop from like 5k!! Wow, it was awesome to have the gm rep tell me to light it up w/2 friends in the car lol, on the way back to the others we were all talking about boosted cars and me being the poon hound i am started asking about her and what she drove... nearly tripped myself when she showed me a modded evo engine on her phone......Ah yea , then she started about her BF's evo.. . yea that worked in my favor. Anywho we got back and i had about 4-5 min before the G8 was back so we all started getting our free gm concessions and tire gauges and mini flashlights :D, My Turn!! Yay! I was the next to last driver 4 the day my buds Gf was after me, he couldn't drive because he was 3 weeks from turning 21 lol, so we all went together on the ride, Fortunately for me the gm rep this time said we were going to have to make a trip to get more gas, once again that was good because the station he told me to go to was a couple miles away on the interstate:D, Honestly to me it felt just a little bit stronger than my brothers modded Gt, the weight might have been what made made it feel like that but the displacement offset it some too. i liked it :thumbsup: So we get to the gas station and find the other 2 people we were there with filling up the Sts or Cts Caddy, can't remember, so swapped up and let bud's GF drive it back, I yelled out "Race you Back" to the others and i'll be dammed if the rep we had with us told the other Rep "wanna race again?" It was ON. Man it was so freakin awesome bein' in the car redlight racing for 17 city blocks back to the show, We only lost 1 race because kim lit the tires on the paint on the road strypes... had a good burnout feel to it though :D

Done.
Cliff notes
G8
Freakin' Hot tuner Girl

Painkillers for my messed up elbow are working really good right now :banana::rock::crazy::D

:lol: Yeah, I was never too keen on their styling but like the room/power/seats it has for the price. I will not get a FWD car so dont say Honda but if you wanted a high performance RWD or AWD daily driver that has a good ride and big comfy seats for under $25,000 what would you get?

Honda makes a RWD car, s2000 :rlaugh:

but on a more serious note, ever thought abou a lincoln ls? i bet they have pretty comfy seats and they are rwd. 260hp isn't bad....
you could definitely pick a used on up pretty cheap im sure

Honestly, that looks like a very nice ride, man. Just not my cup of tea. I have my reasons.
Like that, did ya? :rlaugh: