Thinking of a new DD.

how about a used forester xt. Same engine as wrx with a turbo as well. Makes Pretty good power. AWD. Other than that I think the G8 is pretty sick. My buddy has a white one. Painted the rims black. Rides nice and is pretty beefy.

• Sponsors (?)

I hate waiting for power. Turbo spool up on a four banger dosent sound like fun and I think they are ugly anyway. I did like that Legacy GT they had. Hmm, one of thoes might be nice but then again I would have to mod the hell out of it. I couldnt stand knowing all that hp was on the table so I would get the up pipe, down pipe, big intercooler, boost controll and so on.

I want something that stock has a crap load of power, at least 350 :nice:

Is it wrong to want to enjoy my drive to and from work?

I know its way premature but what wheels for the blue GTO?
[iimg]http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/2d/38/220c_1.JPG[/img]
st1hs01.jpg

st7%20hb%2002.jpg

View attachment 266456

I like these alot even though it has fake rivits. They are gonna be staggered.
speedyinsil02.jpg

Same with these:
BS%20SILVER02.JPG

battlegma.jpg

Go with the goat sounds like what you are looking for. My friend has an 05 and before that he had a 97 vette. He says that his gto is faster but I beg to differ. Also the truck is so small because the back seats take it up completely. He also get 25-26 mpg on the highway thats with the 6sp though.

Pre-owned M3. Comfort, handling and speed. My BMWs were all reliable.
Pre-owned Porsche Carrera, because they are awesome.
:shrug:
I had thought about a M3 cause when I was 20 I lusted after them. Problem is if anything breaks on it then its gonna be some serious coin. Plus the earlied auto/manuel cars sucked.

But thats a good idea so when I am done cleaning out the house today I will look up what one would run and if I can find one with a certified pre owned warrenty or something :shrug:

I would never own a supra. Even when tastefully done i find them to represent rice, and i only buy American.:shrug::flag:

I agree. Blame the last and current generation of ricers for ruining the image of the car as a whole. The same goes for the late-80's IROC Camaro's. They used to be one of my favorite stock looking cars, but their association with white trash and mullets will ensure that I never would have owned one.

Yeah, Im pretty stuck on the Goat :nice: We did find something interesting today though. My aunt may have had a life insurance policy that if it is current then its worth $300,000. I am not holding my breath as I dont have that kind of luck but if its true then I will have to decide between a ZR1 or a Ford GT :D :banana:

25K for a DD??? WOW!!! That's crazy. My DD is a 97 Ford F150 4X4. I've got $4,500 in it. That includes all the front suspension, exhaust manifolds, and rear end rebuild I put in it.

Not bad sounds like a nice truck for a decent price. I am on the look out for a truck that needs work. I need something to tow the cheap cars I find

my ONLY car right now is a 2003 taurus I bought with a blown trans for $350 bucks. I put another 350 into parts to rebuild the trans.. 94 dollars for ball joints another 200 in taxes and reg fees and $25 dollars for a MACH RCU and sail tweeters from a wrecked taurus..

Sure it's not a pimp mobile, but any woman i would be interested in would be more impressed with no car payments and the fact that I can buy a car for 350 bucks and make the thing run like new.

car payments = :notnice: my new rule is

If i can't pay for it on the spot I don't buy it.

I could borrow against my almost paid off condo ( I owe 10k on a unit thats worth 175k) and buy a GT-500 but that would be retarded..

Maybe I will find another 99-04 GT with high mileage and a blown motor or something for cheap money and build that.

I had thought about a M3 cause when I was 20 I lusted after them. Problem is if anything breaks on it then its gonna be some serious coin. Plus the earlied auto/manuel cars sucked.

But thats a good idea so when I am done cleaning out the house today I will look up what one would run and if I can find one with a certified pre owned warrenty or something :shrug:

I think you are worrying too much about BMW reliability and service costs. Sure its slightly pricier than going to Ford but its really not bad (even Ford maintenance is expensive these days). I've had 3 BMWs and they have all been very reliable. The dealer will sell you maintenance/warranty plans too.

I was looking at a pair of M3s around here. Both verts. Both 2005. Nice cars, going for about 32k. Thats a great option for a 30k car IMO. Much better than buying a brand new Mustang GT vert for the same money, thats for sh&t sure.

The Porsche Carrera S I've been eyeing is 50k, but 450hp and all wheel drive. Thats nice!
I really have to stop looking at cars, but I cant help myself!

As for the old Supra... its just too old IMO. Thats some seriously ghetto interior and its a bit of a ricer car in my mind - despite the fact it really is a good car.

I still have a love for the last gen Supras. They are bullet proof cars and easy to make insainly fast. But again that is a HIGHLY moded car and I can see using that as a DD. An almost stock one with a stick would be killer. Ya know, just intake, exhaust, intercooler, down pipe and some suspension work but still its an old car that stuff will break on.

So the Supra is totaly out. Now with the Beemer I could get it wih warrenty but when it lapses there will be alot of stuff I cant fix cause of the weird tools :shrug:

See, what I am looking at as well is how expensive will it be to take care of AFTER the warrenty expires. Can I do the work myself or am I paying $100+ per hour. Also, if I could do the job do i gotta go buy a $160 socket. Thats what I like about American and Japanese cars. Easy o work on and parts are cheap (unless its the Japs premium version, ie; Lexus, Infinity, Acura) as opposed to German cars that are damnb fine pieces of engeneering but just very costly latter down the road.

Mabey i should just get a new Skyline GT-R. Does anyone know if that stupid GPS speed limiter they have (the one that turns off when you get to a race track) is also on American versions?

well have you ever thought of the new lexus is-F? I know its a lil more than u wanted to spend but you know check it out. IS F | Overview And it comes with a 5.0L V8 415hp & 371 ft.lbs tq
No farging way! $47000+? Nope, it'd be a new Vette way before that. Its either gonna be the GTO or if the insurance goes through then something else will be gotten. Something special and something that will be very fast and powerful yet have the ultimate in refinement. :nice: