thinking of a slow stroker engine build...

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
I am bored and tore dwn my old engine, looked great! i got the bug for another engine lol, but i want MORE power lol. i will find a cheap fox or something to put it in, or go carb and find a nice old car for a track only deal!

i was thinking of a good stroker engine. are the ebay stroker kits any good, they look pretty nice and affordable.

i was thinking of a good 347 with a TFS top end kit! should be mean!
anyone got any site or any write ups all about stoker engines? like pros and cons etc etc???

this will take a while, dont have much money, but i want to try and spend more time this time around, not a budget ported head combo like my recent engine, i want something real big and powerful!

• Sponsors (?)

Daggar said:
I vote for a high compression N/A deal with CFI port injection. A small block Cobra-Jet look-alike maybe.

Hell yes! That's the only way i'd go to any kind of fuel injection unless i bought a new car that already had it. The guys at Paul's High Performance have a '65 with that setup and from a quick glance you'd think it's carbed, but it's really a DOHC Cobra motor. I guess the head/cam covers give it away but it's pretty sweet.

Oh, and if i ever do get around to building a stroker, i'm gonna start with a 351W block....this just makes all the sense in the world. You pay about the same and you end up with nearly 100 more cubes depending on how far to stretch it out.

I'm actually buying my buddy's old GT40P engine next weekend...just a fresh rebuilt bottom end with P heads and an E cam....it did make somewhere around 250 at the wheels though so it should be pretty fun compared to my stock '85 heads and cam. After that's all installed i'm either selling my '85 long block or stroking it.

I would recommend leaving the 302 alone and building a 351 based stroker. If I had it to do all over again I would have just put a new oil pump in my 302 and drove the crap out of it while building a 408 or 427.