Thinking of buying a 03-04 Cobra

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
Hey guys, I currently own a 08 GT that I like, but I've kinda lost interest in it. I owned a 01 GT before and I think I just prefer the way that body style feels. Anyway I'm thinking of selling my GT and finding a nice low mileage 03-04 Cobra. But I'm wondering how this car would do for a daily driver? It would be my daily in summer, spring and fall. But would this be a bad idea with a 390hp supercharged car? Or would I just be better off looking for a 03-04 Mach 1?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 04 coupe. 8,000 miles. I bought it with 5,400 miles and I LOVE it. I've had 12 Mustangs, this being the 12th and it is hands down the best Mustang Ford has made. Easy to make 475RWHP for cheap.

I do not daily drive my car for a few reasons.

1. I want to keep it nice.

2. I want to keep the miles off of it.

3. The seats look cool, but they are uncomfortable. I am 6'0", 200lbs. The left bottom bolster digs into my thigh and it gets very annoying. IT cramps my leg up. The part of the seat you sit in is not wide at all. If you're a 150lbs, perfect, ut a guy like my size...forget it.

jdcleve--2003 Cobra owner

I have a silver, stock '03 Cobra. It recently replaced my '00 SVT Contour as daily driver when I bought a '10 Shelby. The '03 is in near mint condition with just over 25,000 miles on it. Whether I'm herding the 390 ponies or the 540, I feel that I have all the power I need. I have not had to drive it on snow or ice often though. I have recently discovered that Good Year has all-season radials for it at an affordable price that offer superior traction year-round.