Thinking of buying a 97 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Listen for valve guide ticking. Usually meens its gonna need head work. Minimum valve guides, worst case is new heads. Other then that they are great cars, that is one unbelievably stron engine :nice:
Cant really think of anything else known to be problematic :shrug:
How many miles? Also check to make sure the gears dont grind. The drive shafts kinda suck too. See if it vibrates when you hit a hundred. It will be a slight hum that comes on at 100mph and gets really loud around 115 mph.

The "usual suspects" along with what laser mentioned. I keep a close eye on little things being broken or needing repaired or adjusted. (The plastic clip that holds the hood prop in place when not in use for example. Or broken/ loose interior pices/ panels, any lights burned out) I believe if the owner took the time to take care of the little things, chances are that they took care of the big ones too. (Folowing maintainence schedules, oil changes etc.)

I would find out why. To me that is a big deal because it leads to me some repairs were done or some rigging was done by someone who has no idea what they are doing.
:stupid:

Eaither the VSS is bad, trans was worked on and they forgot to put in the speedo gear, or th speedo in the cluster is bad :shrug:
And to check the clutch just go about 20 mph in third gear and nail it, see if it slips.