Thinking Of Trading My Fox For An Import...

• Sponsors (?)

One word - Neon...err I mean SRT-4

Had to work on one of these at the dealership this week. Retarded previous owner had hacked his PCM harness to hell to put an Apexi AFC Neo in it, and botched the :poo: out of it. It also had, I kid you not, the following problems:

1. Wal-Mart side post battery sitting in the trunk loose with amp power cables badly connected to it with welding lugs. (Powering the whole car, I :poo: you not, I almost refused to work on it when I found out.)
2. No air filter whatsoever.
3. One of the silicone Turbonetics hoses between the intercooler and the throttle body blown out.
4. The solid motor mount (just one, didn't do the whole set) at the top of the engine loose.
5. A GReddy oil seperator that was just sitting loose in the engine compartment next to the PCM and overflowing with oil.
6. A cheap universal coolant overflow tank sitting on a piece of insulation with foil backing on top of the PCM.
7. A broken IAC connector zip-tied together.
8. The MAP sensor wire cut completely.
9. Bolts missing out of the exhaust flange.
10. A leaking transmission.
11. The hose to the boost gauge split.
12. An MSD DIS adapter box and boost controller just hanging loose at the ends of their hoses and wires.

All of this, and they just wanted me to "get it running right". I removed the harness for that joke of a tuner (I looked up what that AFC Neo does, laughed, because they'd already put a 3-bar MAP sensor on it with an adapter that would've done exactly what they wanted it to with no further mods, repaired the PCM harness (easier said than done, they cut out whole sections), mounted the oil seperator and boost controller to the original battery bracket that's not being used, secured the little MSD adapter, tightened the motor mount so I wouldn't have to hear the popping on my "after" test drive, cut the damaged part of the hose between the i/c and throttle body off and re-clamped it and replaced the IAC pigtail.

Car runs just fine without the "tuner". Genius spent probably $10 grand in GOOD go-fast parts, puts them all on badly, and then makes it worse by hacking up his PCM harness and installing that little p.o.s.

I was actually impressed with the car when I was done with it. For a brief moment of insanity I considered trading in my truck on it, 30mpg highway when driving 80 miles a day is so tempting, then a voice in the back of my head said "Hey! JACKASS! It's still a :leghump:ing NEON!" and I came to my senses.

Reactions: 1 user
Due to recent developments, it has been PROVEN to me that my Mustang is inferior to an AWD import. SO, to follow the wisdom of the JEDI Rice Master View attachment 183412 , I must sell my handicapped RWD mustang to pursue the ultimate street vehicle, the Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon..
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdMoCd9op5woLNabk_a9dcExPRoYrOISLatG4rKlDsbc4-h5r6

Thoughts?
ive been down that road 2 gens are sexy but all are unreliable. in stock form they are pathetically slow. the non turbo 2nd gens have dodge motors and trannys same as the neon block with differant head, identical to the dodge avenger. if you wanna go that route buy a honda they dont crank walk lol dsm are sadly not good cars

Reactions: 1 user
My contribution to this thread.

I did some work on this car because of electrical problems. (Apparently) The kid didnt have the right wire to do what he wanted so he split Cat5.....YES Cat5 into 2 equal groups of wires and ran them across the motor. His upgraded headlights which i believe he spent $400+ were installed by bolting a round and square fog light to a "WOOD" block that was then bolted to the support. ALMOST needless to say within 48 hours of this pic his headlight fell out on the highway. He called me when it happened asking me what to do/ if i could help.

PICT0501.jpg

PICT0504.jpg

PICT0505.jpg

PICT0508.jpg

What a stupid ****ing troll thread this is. The other poster was right, AWD cars are better on the street and after seeing how good the guys with budget talons run in my area, i am pretty impressed with those cars. One car in perticular is stock bottom end, transmission, diffs, etc etc. Its basically got a ported head and a bigger turbo and it has been 136 mph in the quarter running out of fuel. It will probably go 140+ when he actually has enough fuel pump in it. The best thing is he has under 4000 into the car.

If the other poster in that thread owned that silver skyline, ive raced him at an import vs domestic race at New England Dragway, and that car moves out, and the dude drive it to the track and hammers the **** out of it. Nothing but respect from me for that car

*sigh*

I'm going to spell it out for all of you simps one more time who can't read. I don't give a rat's A$$ about where a DSM is built, how fast it is, whether it's faster on the steet... I don't care. I've owned them for crying out loud!

The whole idea of this thread was to poke fun at the butt hurt crybaby who's head exploded in anger over anybody daring to not give total respect the almighty DSM on teh interwebs..

Sheez..

Reactions: 1 users
What a stupid ****ing troll thread this is. The other poster was right, AWD cars are better on the street and after seeing how good the guys with budget talons run in my area, i am pretty impressed with those cars. One car in perticular is stock bottom end, transmission, diffs, etc etc.

Let me help you with your English:

Talons
I
particular
has a

:nice:

Its basically got a ported head and a bigger turbo and it has been 136 mph in the quarter running out of fuel. It will probably go 140+ when he actually has enough fuel pump in it. The best thing is he has under 4000 into the car.

I have no idea what you said here :shrug:

If the other poster in that thread owned that silver skyline, ive raced him at an import vs domestic race at New England Dragway, and that car moves out, and the dude drive it to the track and hammers the **** out of it. Nothing but respect from me for that car

Here is some additional assistance with your English.

Skyline
I've

:chair:

My contribution to this thread.

I did some work on this car because of electrical problems. (Apparently) The kid didnt have the right wire to do what he wanted so he split Cat5.....YES Cat5 into 2 equal groups of wires and ran them across the motor. His upgraded headlights which i believe he spent $400+ were installed by bolting a round and square fog light to a "WOOD" block that was then bolted to the support. ALMOST needless to say within 48 hours of this pic his headlight fell out on the highway. He called me when it happened asking me what to do/ if i could help.
mother of jesus holy spirt of christ. I don't even know what I said just then. Cutting alll the corners:p

There is nothing wrong with that. He maximized the resources that he had available to him at the time.

I'd totally agree, except he had the money to buy the '400+' lights, the least he could do is treat them like 400+ lights and not turn his engine's bay into cat's cradle. It' just looks like a fire waiting to happen

mother of jesus holy spirt of christ. I don't even know what I said just then. Cutting alll the corners:p

I'd totally agree, except he had the money to buy the '400+' lights, the least he could do is treat them like 400+ lights and not turn his engine's bay into cat's cradle. It' just looks like a fire waiting to happen

I was actually being grossly sarcastic. Internet sarcasm is hard to pick up on sometimes! CAT5 cable in an automotive application is never ever ever okay.

Uhh,.....it's the internet. You cannot hear or see the sarchasm. ( unless he uses the rollie eye e- mote)
You just have to know..............