Third brake light issues

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
Hey guys well I just ordered a stainless steel vinyl bumper inserts from American Muscle and while I was looking at the rear of my car today after a wash I noticed the brake light in the middle on the trunk is faded pretty bad and looks like chit... Does anyone know if I can go to a local autoparts store and buy somehting like a polish to try to get it looking better? Because I went online and found some replacements but they are extremely overpriced. Also I dont want to buy some LED version, I like the oem look.

View attachment 195359

Thanks again for the help too,:nice: and Im planning on going to the junk yards to find a replacement if I get teh time...

• Sponsors (?)

A polish would work wonders on that part. Have you heard of the Meguiars professional products called M105 and M205? M105 is an aggressive compound w/ non-diminishing abrasives that would work really well on that plastic and M205 is a mild polish also with non-diminishing abrasives. M105 will get it cleaned up nice and bring back the shine, M205 will make it look like glass :nice:

I've used both of these products with great success. You don't even need a machine to apply it either, although it is slightly more work to apply by hand. If you'd like to see an example of this stuff in action I'm happy to take some pictures some night this week. I've used many detailing products and this stuff is by far my favorite.

A polish would work wonders on that part. Have you heard of the Meguiars professional products called M105 and M205? M105 is an aggressive compound w/ non-diminishing abrasives that would work really well on that plastic and M205 is a mild polish also with non-diminishing abrasives. M105 will get it cleaned up nice and bring back the shine, M205 will make it look like glass :nice:

I've used both of these products with great success. You don't even need a machine to apply it either, although it is slightly more work to apply by hand. If you'd like to see an example of this stuff in action I'm happy to take some pictures some night this week. I've used many detailing products and this stuff is by far my favorite.

Sounds awesome thanks for the info! I would like to see the pics if you dont mind.:D

mine looked the same way...it was to the point where polish wasnt helping...i used 1500 grit sandpaper then 2000 grit then i used meguires plast-x then used scratch x and mine came out like new..ill post a pic when i get home