Fox This Crate Vs This Crate

• Sponsors (?)

I like the ford racing one just because it's cheaper. Then again a 347 badge on the side of a fox is always intimidating ha-ha. Either way you will pull more power out of them once you change heads. The Jegs 347 has cast heads as to where the 306 has aluminum, although though 306 doesn't tell you what the compression ratio is. Kind of weird. I know you're not looking for some crazy HP motor but I think once you put some money into some AFR or Trickflow heads that 347 would wake up. So you could enjoy it for now and when you get some spare money down the road call Summit. Just my thoughts...

I like the ford racing one just because it's cheaper. Then again a 347 badge on the side of a fox is always intimidating ha-ha. Either way you will pull more power out of them once you change heads. The Jegs 347 has cast heads as to where the 306 has aluminum, although though 306 doesn't tell you what the compression ratio is. Kind of weird. I know you're not looking for some crazy HP motor but I think once you put some money into some AFR or Trickflow heads that 347 would wake up. So you could enjoy it for now and when you get some spare money down the road call Summit. Just my thoughts...
Hm. So i could slap an efi intske on the 347 and run?

@90lxwhite Yea, but you might want to just get a shortblock, it would be cheaper in the sense that you wouldn't have bought the intake manifold, carb, etc etc... Someone else would have to chime in about the fuel management system, I'm not sure about how that works with something as simple as a stroked motor. I would like to learn about that as well.

IMHO, either engine will be just fine for you. You just need to decide on price or warranty. If you go to the Ford Racing website you can get all the specs on the FRPP motor. I want to say it's around 10 or 11:1

I think the FRPP 306 is only 9:1. The FRPP would be my choice. A little less torque, but the internals are probably just as strong. With 9:1 compression you could add boost later on down the road. The e cam works fairly well with boost from what I've read. Also aluminum heads means less weight. Another reason I would go with FRPP is their reputation. I do think that the Blueprint motors are starting to get a little better reputation and more well known, but I think FRPP has produced a lot more performance products.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
blueprint motor? :jaw:

I suggest you do a google search.

I'd say save your money and either have a local builder do a motor for you with the parts you want, or have someone like Woody @ fordstrokers, Ed @FTI, Mark Oneal @ CHP do it right the first time and be done with it.. My first choice would be a $250 explorer motor, swap out the springs for either TFS or better Ford seals. a decent cam and 1.7 RR, and for less than a grand have 300 rwhp while you save for the 347.

Reactions: 1 users
blueprint motor? :jaw:

I suggest you do a google search.

I'd say save your money and either have a local builder do a motor for you with the parts you want, or have someone like Woody @ fordstrokers, Ed @FTI, Mark Oneal @ CHP do it right the first time and be done with it.. My first choice would be a $250 explorer motor, swap out the springs for either TFS or better Ford seals. a decent cam and 1.7 RR, and for less than a grand have 300 rwhp while you save for the 347.
Completely agree with checking with Woody,Ed, or Mark on an engine. But if you're on a budget,impatient,or whatever the FRPP crate is an exceptable alternative IMO I wouldn't do the blueprint engine. I know Woody has a "cruiser" 347 long block package that's very reasonable fwiw

I wouldn't be scared of the Blue Print motor. I highly doubt Jeg's would sell anything that they wouldn't back themselves.
I'm not ripping on that motor so much as I have the utmost confidence in a Ford Strokers built engine. That's who I'm going to go with this coming year. And I do have more information/reputed history on a CHP/FTI/FRPP crate engine etc

I wouldn't be scared of the Blue Print motor. I highly doubt Jeg's would sell anything that they wouldn't back themselves.

I beg to differ. I've seen enough horror stories about them to know never to buy one. Big vendors like Jeg's and Summit sell 1000's of parts from 100's of vendors. You really think they know the QC standard of all their vendors? Summit sells crap GMS and MSD. They figure they can sell 100 and get 5 or so. Most people don't know why a part breaks- if it's from improper installation, abuse, or a bad part to begin with.

I've always liked the ford racing engines.
Decent parts and a warranty.

I know plenty of people with gt40x crate engines, they all have been satisfied.

It's a little pricey for what you get, so you are paying a little extra for the peace of mind.

I beg to differ. I've seen enough horror stories about them to know never to buy one. Big vendors like Jeg's and Summit sell 1000's of parts from 100's of vendors. You really think they know the QC standard of all their vendors? Summit sells crap GMS and MSD. They figure they can sell 100 and get 5 or so. Most people don't know why a part breaks- if it's from improper installation, abuse, or a bad part to begin with.
I agree. I can give you personal exp of having horrible problems with Summit parts and the so called "tech line".

I agree. I can give you personal exp of having horrible problems with Summit parts and the so called "tech line".

I have always had great luck with Summit Customer Service, but bad luck with some of their parts. I read all over the internet, and on here (posts by some big names), that Hurst made Summit's Line Locks. NOPE! I went through three of them, all replaced free of charge, before finally tossing it in the trash. The last one I had replaced was from a different vendor than the first few I had, per the Summit Customer Service Rep. Not knocking Summit, its a great company to buy quality parts from.

Je