Fox This Crate Vs This Crate

Just one thing. I gave them all the specs of my motor I built. They suggested a certain carb that weas way off. I got it put it on it didn't run right and they wouldn't take it back. There excuse was well just because your thermostat was stuck and we suggest a new water pump doesn't make it our fault. While I understand that, that is not what I asked. I gave them every detail and they fu**ed up. Obviouslly having a draw-through blower I would need the boost ref. carb.

• Sponsors (?)

No way I would buy a crate from jegs or summit. Explorer motor with a trick flow top end will scream. 300 n/a up for under 3k. Can't beat that.

Reactions: 1 user
If your on a tight budget and are just puttin around town an explorer motor is a good alternative....

If you want something with more pep or custom look into a good builder.

blueprint motor? :jaw:

I suggest you do a google search.

I'd say save your money and either have a local builder do a motor for you with the parts you want, or have someone like Woody @ fordstrokers, Ed @FTI, Mark Oneal @ CHP do it right the first time and be done with it.. My first choice would be a $250 explorer motor, swap out the springs for either TFS or better Ford seals. a decent cam and 1.7 RR, and for less than a grand have 300 rwhp while you save for the 347.
Couldn't get a shop to rebuild for 3k. The fox lakes are high. If I was going to do an explorer I could just put a top end on my motor as is

Ok the cheap cheap way. Pull your motor apart. Check the cylinders to see if you need a rebore. If not(doubt it but possible) just re ring the stock pistons. Check the rods and crank. Probably a little machine work will be needed(crank turned,polish the rods,new bolts,etc) throw some bearings,gaskets,oil pump,etc in it. Grab some explorer topend goodies with some machine work and your aftermarket cam,timing chain and you'll have a new motor capable of running a long time and make 280-300whp. Can be done for less than a crate engine.

Ok the cheap cheap way. Pull your motor apart. Check the cylinders to see if you need a rebore. If not(doubt it but possible) just re ring the stock pistons. Check the rods and crank. Probably a little machine work will be needed(crank turned,polish the rods,new bolts,etc) throw some bearings,gaskets,oil pump,etc in it. Grab some explorer topend goodies with some machine work and your aftermarket cam,timing chain and you'll have a new motor capable of running a long time and make 280-300whp. Can be done for less than a crate engine.

Or........as I and many others have said. grab a JY Explorer motor for 250 bucks, change out the springs for either TFS orTFI lsx springs, a cam from TFI or Buddy, new gaskets, an oil pump and if you want a new water pump and new bearings and for less than a grand get the 280-300 hp.