***** this thing is loud

TrueCustoms

Aug 25, 2005
Two Kicker CVR 15's in a medium sealed enclosure with polyfill and a Kenwood Excelon 1600 watt class d amp. This thing hits so hard after i crank it i get out and my nuts hurt!

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7,129
  • Sponsors (?)

I think my problem is that objects with a higher mass resonate at the lower frequency the 15's put out, which would explain the testicular pain... :shrug: ... who knows?? But in all seriousness, they do sound REALLY good. Very nice chest shaking low rumble in the low bass notes when they are turned down and at a low crossover freq. But turn the gain up and hold on to your baseball cap.

Bynum- Im from Hillsborough, let you hear it in person if you want :nice:

haha, yea, a little of that Hillsborough money exchange... give a little get a little, you know what I mean? :cheers:

But yea, ive got 7 layers of glass on the back part of the box and im still getting resonation, so im going to put 2 more layers on and spray the inside with sound deadening. Tighten it up a little bit.

That's a bad*** custom box. I got two 15 CVR 4 ohms in a ported box pushed by a Boss 1600W two channel. It hits real good, but not chest rattling, heart thumping like I prefer. I believe I'm going to get me two 15" sealed Pro Box Rocks boxes and see what it sounds like then, if I can get one of my 15's cones/dustcovers to stop rattling.