Those of you with the Bullitt Suspension...

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Well, this is on the list as a possible suspension set up. I dont want to go too low, and I want good street performance. Im just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Bullitt kit with the sway bars. How much thicker are the sway bars in the bullitt kit. I just wanted to know if I were better off buying C springs, Mach 1 shocks and struts, and a set of Steeda Sway bars. Id also like to see pictures of the kit installed to get an idea of the drop. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

madmatt said:
Well, this is on the list as a possible suspension set up. I dont want to go too low, and I want good street performance. Im just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Bullitt kit with the sway bars. How much thicker are the sway bars in the bullitt kit. I just wanted to know if I were better off buying C springs, Mach 1 shocks and struts, and a set of Steeda Sway bars. Id also like to see pictures of the kit installed to get an idea of the drop. Thanks
If you don't mind that it doesn't drop much (.75"), its a great kit for the money. The swaybars are a couple of mm thicker. I think the C springs drop too low in front. The bullitt rear springs have a rate of 250 which i think is perfect for acceptable comfort/handling. If you got the C springs you would have to buy caster camber plates.
My car with bullitt suspension (waiting for install of MM front coilover)
219150_74_full.jpg

219150_91_full.jpg

-wade

I have had it on my car for a while.....handling is much better..however I still have the stock sway bars.....I wish the drop was better but if you want something in between stock and dropped then this is the kit....I am going to be getting new springs soon or chopping my bullitt springs to lower it to a more "lowered" stance

pics...

normal_P1010103.JPG

my_car_pic.jpg

Attachments

• normal_P1010103.JPG
    normal_P1010103.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 61
I also have the bullitt setup. but with the stock swaybars. I love it. I did'nt want to have the slammed look. Not my cup of tea. Just what i was looking for. Still rides decent. Def stiffer than stock but still comftorable. ANd does handle better. :flag:

wms004 said:
If you don't mind that it doesn't drop much (.75"), its a great kit for the money. The swaybars are a couple of mm thicker. I think the C springs drop too low in front. The bullitt rear springs have a rate of 250 which i think is perfect for acceptable comfort/handling. If you got the C springs you would have to buy caster camber plates.
-wade

Ummmm... the Bullitt kit is C springs.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=275

I've also seen it without the sway bars, which many people say aren't substantially different enough to warrant the cost.

CdnNavybob said:

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=275

I've also seen it without the sway bars, which many people say aren't substantially different enough to warrant the cost.

NO, although the C springs are close, they are not the same as the Bullitt springs. That particular store is likely putting together what they think are the Bullitt suspension pieces and calling it the Bullitt kit.

Here is a link to the Bullitt kit that FRPP is selling.
http://www.performanceparts.ford.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5740

Here is another link to a Ford dealer with the same part number (M-5400-A)
http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...e=G&Product_Code=M5400A&Category_Code=BULLITT

Here is another link to FRPP which states the rates for several different springs including the C springs.
http://www.performanceparts.ford.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=272

The springs in the Bullitt kit are 600lbs up front and 250lbs out back. As you see from the second FRPP link the C Springs are stiffer.

Sorry to make such a big stink about it but, you are the third person I have seen say this. Just didn't want someone who didn't know any better to get parts they didn't expect.

CdnNavybob said:

Sorry, but that's not correct. Per the FRPP catalog....

M-5400-A Suspension Kit (aka Bullit Kit):
600 lbs-in constant rate front springs
250 lbs-in constant rate rear springs

M-5300-C Springs:
650 lbs-in constant rate front springs
200/300 lbs-in variable rate rear springs

The Bullitt and Mach1 springs are the same rates and on a GT lower to baout the same height. I have installed both on 99+ GT's. The valving of the shocks I belive is the only difference between the two kits. They both have different Motorcraft part numbers too. I have driven my share of Bullitts and I would have to say that they ride no harder or handle any better than a Mach1.

And yes the Bullitt sway bars aren't worth $5 better yet $100. The front bar is 28mm and the rear is the same one used on early V6 cars ?20mm? A 03-04 Cobra bar (29mm) is $70 or less.

Either setup is better than a stock GT's.

Alignment

Hey guys,
Going to do the spring kit soon. Just wondering, after you had the springs installed whether Mach 1 or Bullitt, did you have to have the front aligned?
Thanks for your response.
Paul from NJ