Those who have busted their T5 - How long did yours last?

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
Obviously this is a thread for those who have busted their T5's.

Well my car is getting a G-Force T5 right now. My stock T5 lasted 2 years, 30k miles since I started power shifting. Many people have said that the stocker doesn't stand up well to hard driving. What are others' experiences?

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody said:
Obviously this is a thread for those who have busted their T5's.

Well my car is getting a G-Force T5 right now. My stock T5 lasted 2 years, 30k miles since I started power shifting. Many people have said that the stocker doesn't stand up well to hard driving. What are others' experiences?

Well I realize that this is for people who have "busted" theirs, but mine is at 191k and still going strong.

also 93k on mine but its starting to feel worse then when i 1st got it, i also want a gforce...but i keep hearing mixed stuff about them, what method are you going about getting yours , are u just ordering the kit and having a local tranny guy do the work?

seems like a tko could be done for cheaper but theres a whole nother debate right there

igotyofire said:
also 93k on mine but its starting to feel worse then when i 1st got it, i also want a gforce...but i keep hearing mixed stuff about them, what method are you going about getting yours , are u just ordering the kit and having a local tranny guy do the work?

seems like a tko could be done for cheaper but theres a whole nother debate right there

There is a local reputable shop that builds them on a regular basis. I called the owner on Friday and he said he could have one delivered to me early this week - and it was delivered to my mechanic on Tuesday. It went pretty smoothly, now I just hope the transmission is as smooth.

BTW- I have heard bad things about both transmissions. At the end of the day, it's a crap shoot based on whatever info you can obtain and who's opinion you want to trust most. If you go strictly on the facts, then the Tremec has more of a history while the GF is pretty new and unproven. The GF will bolt right up using a different clutch plate with no other modifications while the Tremec will require extra parts replaced in order to fit. The GF retains the stock shifter location while the Tremec moves it slightly forward.