Those Who Have Done - Double Din Radio - Installs...

I am swapping a Double Din head unit into my car (2002 GT), and keeping the rest of the Mach 460 sound setup. I went ahead and searched to find details on the swap, and came upon a lot of good info (primarily from this thread - LINK).

I just want to make sure I am ordering all the correct pieces I will need before I place my order. The unit I purchased does NOT have Low/High Pass Crossovers.

Parts list I have compiled....

1. Double Din Dash Kit (METRA 95-5026) - LINK

2. Wiring Harness (METRA 70-5519) - LINK

3. FMOD - (Low Pass - 50hz) - LINK

4. Bass Blockers - (High Pass - 150hz) - LINK

Questions I Have:

1. Am I missing anything, are there any parts I should change (such as FMOD/Bass Blocker frequencies)?

2. For the Bass Blockers I need 4 altogether correct? One set comes with two, so I should pickup two sets?

3. Where exactly do I wire in the bass blockers? In a post from the "Replacing Your Mach 460 Head Unit" thread, someone said - "You need 4. Put one on each of the + sides of the speaker" - how do I know which wires on the harness are the + sides of each speaker?

4. Last question. The headunit I purchased did not come with the mounting sleeve (one of the original parts it came bundled with - I bought it used). Pic of what I have talking about:

LV22425-006A.JPG

Do I need this part? Or does the dash kit just screw straight into the sides of the headunit?

Here is the sleeve mounted to the unit in another picture (I think the sleeve was not used in the install for the previous car it was in because it was not needed - thus why the seller no longer had it):

View attachment 265081

Unit Info:

- JVC KW-AVX710

- Bought it from a friend who had it in his Lincoln Aviator and swapped to something different. Picked it up in Mint Condition for only $100 bucks.

View attachment 265082

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

Dont get the blockers. The Mach 460 has two sets of front/rear wires. One set is for the tweeters (full range) and the other is for the four 6x8 "subs"
The best thing to do would be run all new wires and run the speakers off the new deck. The other way is to hook the decks speaker level outputs to the front/rear tweeters and the other harness thats for the "sub" you just splice on some RCA connectors and use the non-fading output to controll them. The factory amp has the low pass x-over built in and the tweeters have a 300hz high pass cap soldiered right onto them. :nice:

Also, you dont need the sleeve for the Metra kit as it bolts straight to the new deck.

don't worry bout the blockers or the fmod just follow the wiring instructions on the kit and just remember to adjust the eq to your liking depending on the kit you may not need the sleeve but it depends on the deck i put in a kenwood double din and if i remem ber correct i didnt use it and with any video unit just remember to keep the wires nice and neat or it makes a mess any time you have to get behind it any more questions email me at [email protected]

I put a Pioneer dvd player in mine awhile back and i just got the Metra kit from crutchfield along with the harness. LOTS of fun splicing the Mach amp wires with the regular, with the pioneer......disaster. Double check the numbers with crutchfields set. The Metra kit was top notch, but i couldnt use the rear piece that slides over the factory "brace" in the dash. Good luck with the install.