Those with 94/95 8.8's in your 99 up come in

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I'm doing a project where I'm converting my 99 V6 to 94 5.0 drivetrain. Since I already have a geared 8.8 in my 94, I'd prefer to use it.

If anyone has had to use one of the older 8.8's to replace theirs, I'd love it if you could show me a pic of what it looked/looks like. I know I'll lose 3/4" on each side but I want to see how the difference actually looks.

I have to make up my mind whether or not to sell my 8.8 and pick up a 99-04 rear.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually just keep it, its a good idea, i want to get a 94 housing when it comes time to rebuild my rear in my 99, if your planning on doing any serious drag racing, you have stronger axles, shorter=stronger, and all you need to do is get a different backspace rim, it allows you to run a different backspaced rim without going past the fenders. Plus if worse comes to worse get a small spacer, but depends on what your doing.

But some other people who have done might chime in.

I'm not going to do any drag racing and I've already invested in my 18" saleen wheels last year so they're gonna be part of the deal either way I go. The rears are the 18x10's and they look good right now, maybe even a little too far out. If it's not that noticeable I'll go with it. I suppose if I don't like it I could easily buy a 99 up and sell this one.